More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
Only 250 of those contribute $1 or more.
If you use Erowid, Please Donate.
Tranquil with a Touch of American
4-Aco-DMT, Banisteriopsis caapi & Cannabis
by jaggerjack
Citation:   jaggerjack. "Tranquil with a Touch of American: An Experience with 4-Aco-DMT, Banisteriopsis caapi & Cannabis (exp91177)". Erowid.org. Sep 22, 2011. erowid.org/exp/91177

16 mg oral 4-AcO-DMT (powder / crystals)
  T+ 3:00   joints/cigs smoked Banisteriopsis caapi (extract - 10x)
  T+ 3:00 2 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I am an 18 year old male weighing in at around 135 lbs. I have extensive experience with DMT and Marijuana, have tried shrooms twice, DPT twice, 4-AcO-DMT once, 4-HO-MPT once. I have tried a few other non-tryptamine drugs on occasion, Salvia, 2C-I, and Ketamine. My last proper trip was with DPT a few weeks before this. I had done a low dose of DMT less than a week ago. I didnít have any particular reason for this trip except to introduce P, a close friend of mine, to psychedelics. I was a bit tired so after school got out I took a 30 minute nap and then shower before picking P up.

It was Ps first time tripping. I decided that 16 mg 4-AcO-DMT would be a decent starting point, allowing for an introduction to the psychedelic mind space without becoming to overwhelming. The doses were weighed on an analytical 0.1 mg resolution scale. I was excited to undergo this journey as it was my first trip of spring. While the weather wasnít great everything was green and a welcome change from the barren landscape of the past 7 months.

At 5.35 PM it was drizzly as P and I walked through the park and swallowed our caps. We had a trek of about a mile before we got to our final destination. We covered this distance in around 20 minutes and arrived at the lake where our friends AG, AB, S, and Z were located at. They had all taken 40 mg of 2C-C and I was very interested to hear about the effects. They had dosed at the same time as I and were not feeling anything yet.

We all played around on the slippery playground and like usual it hit me first. Around 30 minutes after dosing the tryptamine body buzz was surging though me. It was hard to maintain a straight face as I listened in on the others conversations. I personally didnít do much in the way of talking as I frequently quite down when under the effects of most drugs. I just donít have much to add to most conversations, I cut out the petty details.

I asked P how she was feeling and she said she didnít really know what to feel but whatever it was it wasnít much. I was surprised by this and began to realize that the effects were weaker than I would expect too. Perhaps during the four months in a drawer my bagged sample had degraded some. I later realized that this was most certainly the case. I would say it had degraded between 20-30% of its original potency.

We continued chilling in the park until around 6.45 when we decided to go for a walk. S had to return to his car to grab a snack and we waited by the side of the road for him. I was peaking oddly early. The vibrant colors around me looked almost tropical in nature and the trees and the street swirled and heaved. I was in a state of transcendental tranquility completely content with the peaceful world I was observing. Unfortunately as I started walking the visuals became significantly less noticeable and I was left in a not that far out mental state. Luckily for me that was fine as I enjoy the low dose trips just as much as the high dose ones. I had hoped it would have been a bit stronger for P though; there will be other times though.

So we headed south along the lake walking through at first away and then towards the beach. We ended up on a barren beach that looked like a wasteland. The wind was blowing the sand in waves and the beach grass. The grass looked funny and an oddly blue tint which a quick confirmation with a friend told me was the drug and not the grass. As I approached the wispy blades the color shifted to more of a natural green. We continued onward and came to a set of large rocks on a manmade beach. We had to climb around these rocks to get to the bright green grass on the other side. This short climb was a bit terrifying as a slip on the rocks meant broken bones. On my unsteady tryptamine feet I managed to make it over to where the grass was incredibly green.

Our group continued walking until we saw the outline of the neighboring large city on the horizon. Its gray blue color was enchanting and amazing. I knew this was just the weather. We continued walking for a while, searching for somewhere to smoke, all the while merrily conversing (save for me). At this

Nearly three hours after dosing we reached a good smoking location and I whipped out my 10x B. Caapi joint while AB whipped out a regular marijuana one. At this point any visual movement had subsided and I was left with some slight residual stimulation, a bit of trippy thoughts, and the alteration of lights that I love. I unfortunately donít know how much Caapi was in the joint as it was rolled a long time ago. My guess would be between 0.6g and 0.8g. I took two hits of the marijuana joint and pretty much split the Caapi joint with P. The Caapi, which has little effect on its own, really accentuated the trippy headspace, almost doubling its intensity. AG remarked that the weed combined with the 2C-C made it significantly trippier while S thought that the 2C-C might have been altering the weed and not other way around.

A man pulled up near us on his Harley. He was alone, wearing typical and classy leathers. He walked onto the beach and just stared into the horizon where the grey water met the grey sky. He was an iconic and archetypical American. Our group was amazed at him. We thought about the great lengths he had ridden to come to watch the lake. After 10 minutes he left his silent reflection, hopped back on his bike and left as did we.

We walked towards my favorite stretch of houses in my hometown. First up was the wall, intricately textured the teeny bits of rock captured my attention. They didnít move but they still werenít normal, vibrations of energy emanated from them. The first house looked like it was in a tropical rainforest. The greens and reds were spectacular. I was in wonderland. We moved on and P and I split off from the rest of the group to find a bathroom. As we walked down this quite street, observing the houses, I was again overcome by transcendental feelings of tranquility. Everything was here in front of me, the world was mine and the world was good.

In the Starbucks where we took our rest stop I was fixated on my reflection in the mirror. My dilated eyes were gigantic and my nose sloped forward at an odd angle. My image wasnít true to form and I took on a slightly reptilian look. While I stared I looked into the depths of myself. I began checking my life, the life which had just been affirmed on my tranquil walk. I realized that I was entirely unproductive, almost a failure in that sense. I sense myself falling into a negative thought loop and yanked my view away. When P and I met up again she let me know that she couldnít stop staring at herself in the mirror, I chuckled and let her know it was the same for me.

We walked to a park and lay down looking at the stars. In a more productive mental mood I fixated on the orange and blue sky fantasy sky and vowed to work on my time management. P and I talked for a good 30 minutes before getting up to grab food. I talked about some of the things I wanted to change in my life and how I would change them. Again I felt completely tranquil. During this time I regained the ability to shift my ocular focus from one object to another. At around 9.15 I would say I was no longer tripping. The mirrors in the local Pan Asian restaurant were not as captivating as before. The meal was good and talking to others fine. While I wouldnít say I was sober, I could certainly pass for it. We realized that we had forgotten the others and gave them a call but it was too late, they had physically moved to a location we couldnít reach without driving.

The rest of the night was spent peacefully around a bonfire until P left and I crashed at 1.00 AM.

A note:
The 10x B. Caapi was made by soaking 50g of powdered Caapi root in IPA for 2 days, filtering the IPA, pouring it into 5g of Spearmint and then evaporating it.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 91177