Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
The Steps to Eating a Bagel
Amanita muscaria, H.B. Woodrose, Kava Kava & Leonotis leonurus
by ConRad
Citation:   ConRad. "The Steps to Eating a Bagel: An Experience with Amanita muscaria, H.B. Woodrose, Kava Kava & Leonotis leonurus (exp58843)". Jun 6, 2007.

T+ 0:00
14 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (dried)
  T+ 0:00   oral Kava (extract)
  T+ 0:00   oral Leonotis leonurus (extract)
  T+ 3:00 12 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (seeds)


Background: 150 pound male in my early twenties. I have many years of drug and psychedelic use. I use kratom and DXM frequently. I am also a very anxious person which I take clonazepam for. I just got out of jail and live at home with no job. For most people with my anxiety and my life at the moment I would not suggest any psychedelics. I do them anyway despite all rational thought.

I go over to one of my best friendís house. His parents are gone for a few days taking his younger brother to college so we have the house to ourselves. At about 4pm the FedEx guy comes and we receive our order of 1oz of Amanita Muscaria mushrooms, 50 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, and liquid extract of kava root/wild dagga. The only one of these 3 in which I do not have previous experience with are the amanitas. My friend A and I first took out the mushrooms and divided them in half. I consider us both crazy and we tend to do everything big so we each eat a half ounce. We both have empty stomachs with the exception of 2 pieces of very airy wonderbread each in which we made amanita sandwiches and we chased the mushrooms down with a glass of apple juice mixed with some kava/dagga tincture. We wait now. It took a while for the mushrooms to kick in. Looking back I'm not sure I even know exactly when reality stopped and the mushrooms took over. After a couple hours both of us also decided upon eating 12 HB woodrose seeds each which we ate about 7pm.

A was sitting on a chair and I was sitting on the couch next to him. We began speaking very deeply to each other about meaning of life stuff and it was apparent that we were feeling the mushrooms. The funniest part of this in retrospect was that A was convinced he was feeling the seeds full blown by now. It had been maybe 2 hours since ingesting them so I can see how he would think that. The mushrooms were very intense indeed but only on a mental level. Absolutely no visual or audio hallucinations. Although I will say there was a very intense sensation waving through my body which I cannot describe but found to be pleasant.

We sat around A's house for a while. We decided to eat some food. I found some wheat bagels which looked very tasty. Everything looked tasty really and I wanted to eat it all but eating didnít actually sound good. We ate the bagels anyway. It sounds alot easier than it really was however. I ended up having much trouble opening the cream cheese and I dropped my bagel. Eating it was even weirder. I found it was quite chore to chew and swallow, I was definitely much more conscious about it than usual. A and I found this extremely funny that we could not eat our food. I even spend a good few minutes writing out the steps to making and eating a bagel, which were ridiculous but fun to do. I even kept the paper.

By now I know that we are both tripping very hard but it was still all mental. No visuals at all. I decided that was about all we were going to get. I should also add that A was even more of a skeptic than I on this matter. He was convinced it was already over. I decided I was ready to go home. It felt like we had already tripped for days. In reality it was only about 9:30. Time slows down a great deal on the Amanitas. In fact it seems to have no real meaning at all. I rode my bike home, which was pretty ridiculous as it was below zero and is something I normally hate doing. The 3 blocks back to my house seem like a mile in weather that cold. This time I was very cold but didnít mind it very much. I actually thoroughly enjoyed riding outside. The ride also seemed very short. Before I knew it I was home.

Once home I found my family was gone. I decided to make popcorn and watch TV which is something I do a lot. I wasnít really hungry but food sounded good and popcorn is easy to eat. While watching Punky Brewster on DVD, which is a show I really enjoyed as a kid, I found myself smiling at it alot more than I normally do. I usually find it entertaining but quite ridiculous, as it is a kid TV show. I was very into it though and I was very happy to say the least when all the made up TV problems ended up OK in the end. I even laughed out loud in the dark. I couldnít stop smiling. My mom and sister came home. I donít feel like Iím tripping very hard so I stay upstairs. I said a few stupid things to my mom and sister and my mom said 'you look stoned'. Well because I am on probation and get piss tested rather frequently I tell her 'I canít get stoned'. I said this with a HUGE smile on my face, something I tried to force away. She said 'well you look something'.

My mom and sister went to bed and I got up to change the DVD. I should add I found myself doing very odd things and not thinking anything of them. For instance. I felt like so much had to be done and there was no end to the little tasks I kept finding myself to do. I was still very happy though. I finally realized after a few minutes that if my mom came out of her room I would look ridiculous so I got some more popcorn and pretzels and retreated to my room.

At this point I became extremely worried. I kept playing over in my head what my mom said to me and I kept worrying that she knew I was high. I hurried up and took off my pants and got in bed so I could pretend I was sleeping. It was about 10:30 now. I normally donít go to bed until about 2 am. After lying in bed for a few minutes and I thought hard about it, I realized I was just tripping and there was no need to worry. I also realized that even if there was reason to worry I was high and couldnít do anything about it until morning anyway. This was when I first realized I was only beginning to feel the seeds. At this, I thought about my friend A and what a surprise he was in for. He thought the seeds were already gone.

I watched School of Rock. Choosing a DVD was an unusually difficult task. I kept changing it until I realized it really didnít matter what I watched. During the whole movie I kept smiling and laughing at nothing. I had to remind myself that my mom slept right above me and I couldnít laugh too loud. Once I even tried to stop smiling just to see if I could do it. It couldnít be done. I found this even funnier. I got really into the movie and ate my popcorn and pretzels. I could write about that experience for pages. it took me forever to eat my popcorn because I examined every piece carefully with my lips and tongue. Tactile sensations were insane! It was almost as intense as while on MDMA. I didnít stop moving throughout the whole movie because I liked the feel of my bed sheets on my legs.

After the movie I began falling from the seeds. I believe the mushrooms stopped working somewhere during the movie, but I could be wrong. Sensations became less exhilarating and my muscles began to cramp. Classic for LSA. I got really tired and decided that I should probably sleep. This was about 2:30 am I thought about going to get a job in the morning. I slept for a couple hours and woke at 4am. I felt very weird and had to remind myself why. I fell asleep again after a few minutes of being awake. I awoke again at about 8am. My dad was waking me up like he normally does. I got scared because I was still tripping and pretended to be too tired to wake up so he wouldnít notice anything. Before I forget, let me say my dad was never there and is only just now on his way home from his business trip. Itís 7pm now of the same day.

I fell back asleep and had intensely vivid and superbly strange dreams. I donít normally remember my dreams. I thought I was at a movie with my dad the whole time until I awoke for the last time at almost noon. My dream consisted of Spongebob Squarepants and how he was a giant machine out to kill everything I will never be able to explain this dream properly. All the main characters were the characters of the SG-1 team on Stargate SG-1 and even in my dream I felt like it was a movie I was watching with my dad. I even mentioned how cool is was all the characters were from that show. It didnít even register that that would have been a ridiculous movie had it really been made.

It is now 7pm and I am still feeling very weird and spacey. Some of this is due to the wild dagga I drank when I got up, as it has a very similar stone to marijuana, but most of this is the seeds. I will also add until about an hour ago I was extremely depressed all day and havenít done anything at all really. That all goes back to my being such an anxious person in a bad place. Overall it was a VERY intense yet enjoyable trip. The only thing I would change is I wish I would have had previous experience with amanitas so I would know how much of my trip they were accountable for.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 58843
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Jun 6, 2007Views: 16,838
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
H.B. Woodrose (26), Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Various (28), Hangover / Days After (46), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults