Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This fantastic reverberating giclee print is a gift for $500 donations supporting Erowid's mission. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the image wraps around the sides of the 1" thick piece. It's signed by artist Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
Much Filthier Than I Expected
Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids & Cannabis
by JanCarol
Citation:   JanCarol. "Much Filthier Than I Expected: An Experience with Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids & Cannabis (exp98649)". Erowid.org. May 25, 2016. erowid.org/exp/98649

750 mg oral Products - Spice and Synthetic Cannabinoids (capsule)
  2 hits smoked Cannabis

Orally Ingested Spice Product [location: Australia]

I've smoked this stuff before when I couldn't get cannabis, and quite enjoyed it. However, I noticed that if it becomes a 'regular' thing it is less pleasant. I usually only smoke 1-3 hits on a one-hitter.

But it tastes awful, nasty harsh smoke. So I got the brilliant idea of pouring it into a gelcap and ingesting it orally.

The 750 mg was a packed gel-cap. It would have been the equivalent of 10-12 hits in a one-hitter. It was about 10 pm at night, I had nothing else planned for the night but to wind down to sleep. I was basically quite balanced when I took it, and 'kicked it in' with 2 hits of cannabis.

After an hour, I was starting to get buzzy. Manifestations of visuals and a spirally feeling just above my nose. When I could no longer focus on the computer or TV, I packed it in and went to bed (about 3 am).

But it wasn't done with me. I lay down and it took me over 40 minutes to stop my heart pumping, racing, thumping in my chest. As an overweight 50 yr old female, this pounding, racing heart was not fun.

But I'm experienced, so I did some breathing, and put theta medication music (temple bells) on so that I could at least appreciate the visuals. It took solid concentration before the theta, my breathing, and the visuals got me to a place where I could slow my pounding, racing heart.

When the music ended (60 minutes) I was able to turn it off and get to sleep.

But my sleep was poor, and my brain kept jumping around, waking me every half hour to hour or so. The next day I carried my head around in a painful vise, and it took me several hours to awaken from my stupor.

I would not list this as a 'good drug.' At least not an ally to me. It was much filthier than I expected - I find that cannabis is clean, simple, and pleasant compared to this drug, which was overbearing, intrusive, challenging, and not a lot of fun.

Overall I would not recommend this dose. I have broken another capsule I made into 3rds, and I will try again sometime, to see if I can enjoy it. Or I will take one-hits and smoke them (blech).

It would be very easy to make a dangerous mistake ingesting this; err on the side of caution.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 98649
Published: May 25, 2016Views: 3,913
Products - Spice-Like Smoking Blends (472) : Combinations (3), General (1), Alone (16)