Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
My Surprise Interaction
Amphetemines (Adderall) & Cannabis
by Ooolala1330
Citation:   Ooolala1330. "My Surprise Interaction: An Experience with Amphetemines (Adderall) & Cannabis (exp66827)". Erowid.org. May 8, 2012. erowid.org/exp/66827

15 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  T+ 4:00 10 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  T+ 14:00   smoked Tobacco (plant material)
  T+ 14:00   smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Background: I have been taking Adderall with a prescription for ADD for 2 years now, although I only take it when necessary (not on weekends, & not during the summer). I am a college student who smokes pot occasionally: once a month or less, excluding summer vacation.

Two Thursdays ago my friend invited me to smoke hookah with a group of his friends, on the usual commons spot Ė a circular bench outside of some of the dorms. I had taken 15 mg at approximately 8am, and another 10mg of adderall at about noon. It was about 10pm and I hadn't anticipated on smoking weed that night but someone brought afgoo with them & was generous enough to share with the whole crowd. After 2 good hits, I immediately felt like something wasn't right.

I became very dizzy and as clichť as it sounds, the world literally felt like it was spinning. I was too dizzy to sit up and my head felt indescribably shaken and delirious, so I laid down and closed my eyes. I felt the typical pot symptoms at first, but they were insanely magnified. My sense of perception was way off and it felt like time was moving slowly. For example, I noticed two girls (probably 100 meters away) heading our direction. It made me uneasy so I turned to whoever was nearest to me in the group to let them know about the approaching girls, but by the time I had turned around to take another look at the girls, they had completely disappeared. Freaking out a little, I started shrieking about how the girls were suddenly gone. Much to my surprise, I found they had already walked the entire distance and were actually sitting with us. Iím not quite sure what happened in those few minutes it took them to approach us because I was majorly disoriented. I couldnít clearly see anyoneís face. Rather, my whole world was distorted and blurry like a Monet painting.

After about 20 minutes, I started having an out of body experience. I felt as though my soul or spirit had detached itself from my physical body. I was floating above the group of us, about 10 feet in the air and slightly behind my physical self, objectively overlooking the situation. It wasnít frightening. I felt calm and completely normal. My spirit self was very conscious of what was going down below, much more so than my physical self. When I would hear people speak to me directly, I would feel my spirit self become slightly disappointed that I would have to jump back into my body to answer them. When I was finished talking to them, I would slowly detach from my physical self and float off again. It was as if my physical self was solely important as a tool for communicating with the others.

I didnít have many thoughts in my out of body state, mostly I just silently observed. However, the one thought I did have was that I considered going to visit my grandfather who passed away last year (& who I was very close to). I felt as though possibly our spirit selves could just meet up somewhere. I ultimately decided against it because I rationalized that heís dead and Iím still alive, and it might result in serious consequences for my living, breathing self.

I believe this out of body experience lasted for about another 20 minutes, until I mentally fought myself into trying to stay grounded in my body. After trying my hardest to stay conscious and stay in reality, I found myself increasingly confused. I couldnít remember the names of any countries, the letters in the alphabet, or how to spell. I couldnít recognize a bottle of powerade as anything Iíd seen before.

Concerned because I knew out of body experiences are not generally associated with pot, I asked my friend to walk me back to my dorm. Although the walk went well and was relatively uneventful, I accidentally stepped into a massive puddle of disgusting, stagnant water. When I cried out in surprise & began to curse the puddle, my friend gently asked me to point to where the puddle was. When I turned to point it out to him, it had vanished. Other than that, I didnít have any major hallucinations (at least that Iím aware of). I couldnít keep my balance long enough to change into pajamas, so I just crawled into bed and went straight to sleep.

When I woke up, I initially thought someone had laced the weed. However, nobody else had any unusual experiences so when I looked into it I remembered that Iíd never smoked pot on a day that I had taken adderall.

I wouldnít consider it a ďbadĒ trip at all, other than the fact that it was so unexpected. I actually wish I could experience it again, prepared for it this time, but Iím hesitant to mix drugs & the strangeness of it all has actually turned me off weed.

Itís hard to explain, but it made me very aware of how indigenous people could have used herbs for spiritual experiences. It was a very personal and spiritual experience in itself, which has led me to wonder if the experience was real or if it was simply all in my head. Though I do remember most of the night with great clarity, itís surreal. I remember it in the hazy way you remember a dream.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66827
Published: May 8, 2012Views: 13,460
Amphetamines (6), Cannabis (1), OBE (332) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)