More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
Only 250 of those contribute $1 or more.
If you use Erowid, Please Donate.
Sedated and Euphoric
Kava, Alcohol & Cannabis
by Psychonaut
Citation:   Psychonaut. "Sedated and Euphoric: An Experience with Kava, Alcohol & Cannabis (exp57399)". Erowid.org. Jan 10, 2010. erowid.org/exp/57399

8 g oral Kava (plant material)
  T+ 0:00 3 oz oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
  T+ 0:45     Cannabis (plant material)

So, I bought some Kava Root powder from an online vendor. About 4 oz. Iíve drank about 2 oz. so far. And my current experience starts 45 minutes ago.

I usually drink this stuff as a tea free from alcohol and find it to be nice and relaxing prepared that way. But I decided on a little Kava mixed drink. I have cinnamon flavoured Kava that is Hawaiian Mahakea and of very good quality. I enjoy this stuff with apple juice quite a lot because of the cinnamon. I tried it without straining the Kava powder, and enjoyed it that way best. But this time I added about 3 oz. of rum to a glass then throw in the cinnamon Kava. I put in about 8 grams of it, stirred and let it sit for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes was up I dipped my finger in the thick mixture of Kava and rum and dapped it on my tongue. It went about as numb as cocaine makes my tongue. I added apple juice to it and was ready to go. I stirred it up one last time and gulped it all down.

After ten minutes or so I felt very buzzed from the alcohol. No Kava effects, other than a slightly numb mouth. I noticed about 15 minutes ago (which was 30 minutes after ingesting it) that I felt extremely sedated and euphoric. I felt and still feel very happy. Iím surprised at the effects because 8 grams in tea have never felt this potent. This is something Iíd definitely try with a little alcohol again. Itís much nicer than being drunk, and very potent at the same time. I threw a little MJ in the mix just now as well and the synergy is quite nice, as I also noticed with the tea.

Kava is a great drink the relieve stress, and while itís great with alcohol I typically use it to avoid using alcohol.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 57399
Published: Jan 10, 2010Views: 7,487
Alcohol - Hard (198), Kava (30) : Alone (16), Combinations (3)