More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Very Mellow With Intense Visuals
Mushrooms, Cannabis & Paroxetine
by tankerhall
Citation:   tankerhall. "Very Mellow With Intense Visuals: An Experience with Mushrooms, Cannabis & Paroxetine (exp29918)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2021. erowid.org/exp/29918

20 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine (daily)
  T+ 0:00 5 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
  T+ 0:00 1 tablet oral Hydrocodone
  T+ 0:00   oral Acetaminophen
  T+ 0:00 5 g oral Mushrooms (dried)
  T+ 7:00 1 cig. smoked Cannabis
  T+ 0:00   smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I'm a pharmacy student and had the opportunity to participate in an end-of-semester 'destressing' at a friend's house. I take 20mg paxil bid to manage moderate depression.

Upon arrival at about 6pm, I consumed five glasses of Pinot Noir and popped a Vicodin. Within a half hour, I had to lay down on a couch due to extreme dizziness and nausea. Later on, about 10pm, a mutual friend arrived with approximately a half ounce of shrooms. The three of us divided the mushrooms and we each consumed about 5 grams. The effects were very mellow with intense visuals lasting about 3 hours. There was considerable time dilation, giddiness, and some loss of motor control. I was unable to tie my own shoes. My friend and I both smoke and it took us approximately 1 hour to get our shoes on to go outside and have a cigarette.

At about 1am, we decided to get high and rolled a couple of joints. This is where the experience became dark and gothic. I had trouble focusing my eyes and experienced blurred tunnel vision. My friend began to appear as a dark witch and she scared the hell out of me. I thought she was trying to cast a curse on me. Then one of us, I'm not sure who, played the DVD of 'Moulin Rouge'. Right then and there, I was sure that I had died and went to hell. From here on it was a 'bad' trip filled with feelings of terror and despair.

In retrospect, I have to admit that I overall enjoyed the trip. I felt that the world had coalesced into Jungian archetypes and I had tapped into the realm of the ritual and artistic. I hope to do it again soon.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 29918
Published: Mar 1, 2021Views: 128
Mushrooms (39), Cannabis (1), Pharms - Paroxetine (148) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Depression (15), Combinations (3)