Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Clockwork Orange
Ginger, Nutmeg & Cannabis
by Holy
Citation:   Holy. "Clockwork Orange: An Experience with Ginger, Nutmeg & Cannabis (exp28073)". Erowid.org. Jun 5, 2007. erowid.org/exp/28073

1 Tbsp oral Ginger (edible / food)
  T+ 0:30 15 g oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
  T+ 3:00   smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  T+ 3:30   smoked Cannabis (plant material)
Friday the 31st october.

Two of my friends and me are planning to do nutmeg. We planned to do the experiment two weeks ago and decided that saturday the 1st would be quite convenient since we had to prepare ourselves mentally and we also had to know a little bit more about the effect that nutmeg would do.

Neither me nor my friends ever did any drug other than cannabis and alcohol. So like I said, mental preparation was almost an obligation as we all didnít know a single hint of how hallucinogenic trips could feel like.

The persons involved in the experiment are me, S. and J.P.

Today S. brought me 3 bags containing 4 nuts each, which means approximately 20g per bags.

Saturday November 1
Ok today is the day.
In a few minutes Iíll be eating a perfectly dosed 15g of freshly gound nutmeg administrated by a table spoon.

Note that in this text, and it is not superflux to mention it, I will talk about my personnal experience only as obviously I didnít felt or saw what my comparses did. S. Will give me few comments or impressions.

From here, Iíll make a description of the trip by exposing the effects felt hours after hours, or minutes after minutes if necessary. Letís The Trip Begin!

3:30PM Ė S. and me took a tablespoon of ginger each to regularize our cradiac rythm during the trip.

4:00PM Ė We begin to eat the nutmegs. The taste soon pass from bearable to almost unbearable. We eat slowly.

5:00PM Ė I feel a low pot buzz like effect. S. donít feel anything, yet. I still got to finish my dose.

5:30PM Ė J.P. gave up the experiment due to the utter bad taste. He didnít felt any effect later on.

6:30PM Ė I feel the effects are growing. I first thought it was in my mind but soon discovered a mild reality ditortion. Some other friends come by. I begin to feel extremely good while listening to ambient music! Then we eat. The food tastes good and bad at the same time, I canít tell. Itís seems like we are eating for an eternity. I become a bit cynical, like if I had drank alcohol.

7:00PM Ė The effects are growing more and more. Itís difficult to remember recents events.

7:30PM Ė Another friend come by. I didnít remember that he had called. He brought 7g of cannabis. S, J.P. and me decide to take out some hits. I become stoned very quickly (Iím sensitive to chemicals). Euphoria is growing. We are listening to a moby song and everything is beautiful!

8:00PM Ė I smoke some more weed and then I realise every perception, except sounds perceptions, are highly distorted. I begin to create a crazy world inside me: J.P. is Now J.P. The Ring. When I tell him who he really is, he answer by saying he doesnít understand why I call him J.P. The Ring and I thought that was funny as hell! I couldnít stop laughing! Then J.P. along with an other friend E, are becoming some obstinating uncles. That was magnificient!

9:00PM Ė We decide to watch Clockwork Orange. I had a good understanding of the movie but when I was watching it I felt like I was a part of the t.v. screen and that I was only a witness of the event of the movie. That felt awesome.

11:30PM Ė I become pissed of with the movie and go make some cleaning in the kitchen to remove nutmeg rests and weed ashes. Itís seems Iím cleaning for an eternity but at the same time this eternity is not long! I canít explain very well but it felt like I was walking faster than what the speed of the time would allow me to.

Sunday November 2
00:00AM Ė I smoke some more weed before going to bed. When Iím done with the weed I canít remember what I wanted to do before and decide to go on internet! I put some Fenomenon on the MP3 player and Iím tripping as hell. The music gets me in a blue-like universe constantly glowing of every colors! My eyes are somewhat back-flipping ! Wow!

1:30AM Ė I then feel extremly tired! I do a little bit more cleaning and go to bed

8:00AM Ė I get up, a bit dizy but ok! I have a low headache and I still feel stoned from the nutmeg! Like if I had smoked an hour ago or so. Everything feels good. Short-term memory is still very deficient and my eyes are still a little bit red. I play Age Of Empires 2 and iím amazed that men once did what iím playing!

10:30AM Ė Iím still stoned, but things seems to slowly take off. This is all good!

The rest of the day fells very dreamlike. Like if I really lived but far away from my body. My eyes seemed to be behind a white veil.

All in all, nutmeg was an extremely great experience and a mix with cannabis seemed to enhance the effects. No sign of tachycardia or bad trips, only full pleasure and confort!

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 28073
Published: Jun 5, 2007Views: 9,457
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Nutmeg (41) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.