Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Help our researcher friends at Maastricht University School of Medicine by sharing this with appropriate groups, and
Take this 45 minute survey!
Bliss in Syrup Form
Cacti - T. peruvianus & Cannabis
by Punkjunky
Citation:   Punkjunky. "Bliss in Syrup Form: An Experience with Cacti - T. peruvianus & Cannabis (exp25263)". Erowid.org. Jan 23, 2007. erowid.org/exp/25263

50 g oral Cacti - T. peruvianus (extract)
  2 bowls smoked Cannabis (plant material)


Last monday I received some dried Peruvian Torch cacti. That night, L, M, and myself all decided to try a 20g dose. L and I were only able to drink about half of our Pedro Syrup doses, so we just got threshold doses. M drank a 20g cacti smoothie, cacti added to water and blended. This man has an iron stomach. Not many visuals, patterns breathing, small body buzz, and definate trails. After this small experiment, we set Saturday as the day to take our trips out in nature. This is where it all began.

To prepare our doses, M and I measured out 200g of dried cactus, only to find my little scale wasn't very accurate. I have no clue how muych actually was added, anywhere from 200-240g. This was going to be prepared for 5 doses, strong ones at that. We added the dried cacti to a pressure cooker, covered with tap water, and pressure cooked for 10 minutes. We set this through a strainer, squeezd out all necessary juices, and then pressure cooked again.

M and I both had taken 30g doses before we started to prepare this. We thought that we could take our doses, and then finish off our weekend preparations. I tell you what, once the syrup starts digesting, you can't even THINK of that smell. We had to abandon the whole process, and just let the cacti sit in the pressure cooker overnight. Nothing we could do about it, we were grounded to the basement because if I caught even a whiff of that smell...yuck.

Anyways, we tripped kind of hard that night, but it's nothing compared to the camping experience. The next day, M and I wake up around 3:00p.m. and we both had to hustle off to work. We quickly added some more water to the pressure cooker, cooked 10 minutes at 15psi, strained, and took off. I had to toss the rest of the cacti in the cooker, even though I think it may have had more magic to give. After checking out the syrup, I didn't think this would matter much. It was very dark, very smelly, and pretty thick. Things were looking good. I stored this in my fridge until Saturday.

We arrived at our spot at around 3:30, and promptly set up camp. Our happy campers included M.A, M.J, L and myself. Saturday morning, we packed a cooler with fruit hot dog and drinks. We got all other necesary camping gear and also brought a small boombox with batteries, so we could listen to cds if wanted. We camped out at L's family's property at a nice lake in North Dakota. After everything was setup, we poured the Syrup into 4 seperate containers. Unfortunately, M.J had fractured his ankle the night before; He wasn't in very good condition for a trip (being on Vicodin and all). L, M.A and I all went for a nice swim; We planned on dosing about 3 hours before sunset. When 6:30 rooled around, all four of choked down our concoction. I can not express enough how horrible this stuff is. So nasty. So so so nasty.

Having done the deed, the four of us kind of seperated for awhile. M.A and I laid down on a blanket on the grass, soaking up the beautiful sun in a cloudless sky. The weather was spectacular that day. L went off by herself to finish the rest of her dose, and M.J sat on a bench. He puked rather promptly, maybe 20-30 minutes after taking it. L also puked early on, possibly 30-45 minutes after drinking it, though she reported visuals on the ground and trees almost immediately.

As I laid on the ground, my mind went through many topics. Small problems I've been having, past experiences, and many many more topics. I was getting quite nauseas, but was able to keep it down. I was almost in a dream like state: instead of thinking, it was more like focused dreaming. I would occaisionally feel a burst of 'energy' flow through my body, and my mind was 'flowing' more.

After some time, which turned out to be 1 hour and 30 minutes, all of us congregated again around the picnic table. The sun was still in the sky, but was beginning to come down. I talked to L, and she said it felt great to spew. I let this possibility into my mind for a split second, and here came the puke. I literally gave it ALL up, I could feel my stomach wrenching to get rid of anything in it. I felt reborn! M.A also hurled a hella lot, right in the middle of our campground. We covered that up with some dirt, and all sat at the table.

The wood grains in the table flowed. The more I looked at it, the more it flowed and breathed. The bark on the trees flowed. After checking out the amazing trees, I just HAD to hug it. L and I were hugging trees, and it felt GREAT. I can't explain the feeling, it just felt good to hug the tree. I could FEEL it's appreciation that we had taken notice of them, and it reciprocated it. Amazing.

The sun was beginning to set now. I have never seen a more amazing sunset here, even without the drug. Hues of purple, lavender, blue, flowed accross the sky. At this time, L, M.A. and I went to the dock and let our bare feet hang in the water while watching the sunset. I have never felt more whole and happy to be alive than when I was watching this sunset.

I went strolling in the tall grass after this, checking everything out. I could feel every blade of grass stroking my feet as I passed, and it felt wonderful. Actually, everything felt wonderful by this time. The body buzz was definately kicking in a bit.

We started up our fire now, as the sun was setting. I was definately tripping hard now. One thing I didn't expect was how much laughing and giggling we all did. It was like I was a child again. Every silly thing was hilarious. I'm glad I was able to trip with my three best freinds here.

The visuals were awesome. Nothing overpowering, but still amazing. The land rolled, the tree bark flowed, the branches waved at me. All the colors were bright and very colorful. Red and green dominated. The best part though...THE STARS.

The stars were the best part of the whole experience. At times they all rotated on what seemed like an axis, all connected by some invisable string, formed into squares, triangles, hexagons. Then other times, they would dart around, flash a blast of green, blue, red, and run around the entire sky. We noticed 4 seperate satellites in the sky, which really threw us off. Closing my eyes produced some pretty intense closed eye visuals. I can really see where the South Americans got their art. I distinctly remeber seeing some tribal art, again - to put into words.

Anyway, there were three of them, and each had a tribl art looking face. The one in the middle winked at me, then the three began to rotate, disapeared, and left a spiraling bit of psychedelic color in it's midst. I didn't keep my eyes closed very often, as when I did, my body buzz would go quite insane.

Saturday was a full moon, or very near full moon. This really wasn't very desirable, it was just plain too F'n bright. It lit up EVERYTHING, it was dark out, but almost daylight. When I looked at the moon, I could make out every crevace on it, and it always started rotating when I stared at it for more than 5 seconds.

At one point, M.A and I decided to go for a walk. We walked towards the moon, almost instinctively. I remember walking through a small row of planted trees, when we both realized we were entrapped by these trees. The end of the trees seemed far away, and memories of menacing trees read in books came back. We both ran as fast as possible out of the row, ducking down to avoid the sweeping branches, both giggling like little kids. Coming out of it, we walked to the top of a hill, and just stared out at the vast expansion of rolling hills that North Dakota has to offer.

The rest of the night we sat and watched the stars, giggling now and then and talking about the amazing tip we were having. The trip lasts so long, my body was spent long before the visuals stopped. We laid our sleeping bags by the fire, and decided not to sleep in that infernal tent. The idea of sleeping inside the tent was horrible.

We all woke up the next day at about 9 a.m., packed up camp, and headed home. All of our bodies were pretty tired, but we felt in good condition. There was a definate afterglow leaving us all in a good mood. M.J didn't really trip at all, he had some minor threshold effects, but he said he could feel the mescaline fighting to open his pupils, with the Hydrocodone fighting to close them, which produced discomfort in his eyes. L puked sort of early on, so I don't think she tripped quite as hard, but I don't think she was ready for a full blown trip like that.

M.A and I also shared a bowl twice that night, which did make the visuals more intense, I believe.

Such a crazy time. We resolved to trip again 'on the next No-Moon'

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 25263
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Jan 23, 2007Views: 17,639
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Cacti - T. peruvianus (69) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Preparation / Recipes (30), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults