Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Truly Awful
Tobacco (Cigarettes)
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Truly Awful: An Experience with Tobacco (Cigarettes) (exp23169)". Erowid.org. Jul 4, 2007. erowid.org/exp/23169

repeated smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes (daily)

Cigarettes have got to be the lamest addiction. The euphoria I get off ciggarettes is pathetic, I only get a decent buzz off the first cigarette of the day. The rest just make me feel 'normal', followed by an awful weak feeling, then I become anti-social until I'm smoking another cigarette. They also give me headaches.

Then when I don't have any, I can't be around people
when I don't have any, I can't be around people
. I become so irritable, that everything anyone says just pisses me off. I do recognize that the irritability is just the cigarette withdrawals. So I just sit there, keeping to myself, the irritability feels like an itch in my mind, and I cant laugh. Nothing seems to be humorous at all.

My thoughts become outrageously disorganised, I turn into a moron who cant function very well at all. I cant spell very well anymore. I use to be a great speller, but when I don't have cigarettes, I just suck at it.

Smoking is the lamest choice I ever made, I need to quit, very badly. But that means staying away from my friends for a week, it's going to be rough. Even junkies get a good amount of euphoria with their addiction! But this just sucks... It's a stupid chemical dependance that I need to break.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 23169
Published: Jul 4, 2007Views: 245
Tobacco - Cigarettes (266) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Retrospective / Summary (11), General (1), Not Applicable (38)