Follow @Erowid on Twitter!
A New Frontier
BK-2C-B
by vostochnik
Citation:   vostochnik. "A New Frontier: An Experience with BK-2C-B (exp103512)". Erowid.org. Nov 9, 2016. erowid.org/exp/103512

100 mg oral BK-2C-B (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:30 20 mg oral BK-2C-B (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:30   repeated smoked Cannabis
  T+ 4:00   smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes

I have vast experience with psilocybin mushrooms, metocin, cannabis, LSD, methoxetamine, kratom, all sorts of pharmaceuticals, 2C-B, MDMA, DMT, and 5-MAPB.

This experience happened during an amazing long weekend in which I got to experience 5-MAPB for the first time. Then the next day I took 5-MAPB again with psilocybin mushrooms and kratom. The next night I took BK-2C-B for the first time. 5-MAPB and BK-2C-B are now two of my favorites. I would rank 5-MAPB well above MDMA. BK-2C-B is a close second, but itís more of itís own experience, only slightly similar to MDMA, and not very similar at all to 2C-B.

My experience with 2C-B consists of four experiences in which 20-40mg were snorted. I am told this is a high dose. Well, I started with 15mg, and nothing major happened. 2C-B was fun. I wouldnít go out of my way to obtain it, but it was enjoyable. I remember there was a great mood lift, some kinda strobey visuals, and a bit of energy and excitement.

BK-2C-B is much different. 2C-B is an analog of mescaline, but I would argue that BK-2C-B, while totally different from mescaline, is a much closer feeling. It took a long time to come up, for me roughly 2 hours, and the general sensation consistent throughout the experience is that of being in another world or, more accurately, a different frame of consciousness and perception. There were visual effects, but no hallucinations. The experience lasted well longer than MDMA and 2C-B. Iím not exactly sure when I came all the way down because it was so gentle, but I do know that I went to bed before it was over. I woke up still ever so slightly feeling the BK-2C-B, and the afterglow lasted all day. This is conjecture, but maybe BK-2C-B has some kind of anti-depressant properties. There was no comedown, no crash, no depression a few days later. It was rather miild at first, but the plateau built into a wonderful, euphoric, psychedelic and entactogenic crescendo for hours and hours. There was no push of energy, and sleep came easily.

T+0:00
I obtained 200mg BK-2C-B from a friend. I ingested 100mg BK-2C-B initially. I took this in capsule form. There are two reasons that I do not want to put this stuff up my nose. 1) Iíve been told by a friend that it hurts like knives, and 2) BK-2C-B turns purple in water. Purple boogers? Not tonight.

T+0:50
There is a very slight first alert. It is very mild. I feel positive, optimistic. More so than on a normal good day. This isnít much, but itís sure not placebo. I talk with my friend for about another hour, until his grandmother shows up. So I drive back to my apartment. [Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

T+1:30
Although the mood lift came in waves, there is something definite and solid building now. I have that goofy mushroom smile on my face, and it wonít go away. Feeling confident that this compound is indeed active at the right dose, I weigh out another 20mg and toss it back with water. No foul taste, really.

I call another friend, tell him about the nightís goodies, and he invites me over. The day before, this friend, his girlfriend, and I had a tremendous experience on 5-MAPB; it was our second time to take the substance. We were still very much feeling the bond. I was disappointed in myself because I only had one other good dose, so only two of us would enjoy this compound. Nevertheless, I gave my friend the remaining 80mg.

We proceed to take several bong rips and talk and listen to music.

T+2:10
I look at my friend and smile. I am beginning to roll, very hard, but very gently, and with a definite ďtrippingĒ mindset. My friend notices my reaction and asks, ďWhat, is it finally working? Am I gonna feel anything tonight?Ē I reply, ďOh, youíre in for a treat.Ē

As the next half hour passes, the peak grew and grew much more rapidly than in the previous two hours. The BK-2C-B was now fully active, and I could judge and appreciate its unique attributes. I must mention that I absolutely believe that cannabis helped to ďactivateĒ the compound. It was certainly noticeable before, but having a few tokes launched it into high gear.

T+2:50
My friendís girlfriend decides to go to bed. My friend and I venture over to another friendís apartment to smoke blunts and chill. As I walk outside, I canít help but think out loud, ďHoly SHIT, everything looks like claymation!Ē This is the same effect I get from rather large doses of MDMA. Everything also looked iridescent, like it was slick with oil and water. A slight rainbowy sheen on all surfaces.

As for the body trip, I was soaring through wave after wave of euphoria and positivity. At our friendís apartment I was quite given to wrapping myself up in my hoodie, playing with my hair, and closing my eyes. All with a gigantic smile on my face. My friends kept telling me to wake up, to which I could only respond that I was not only rolling balls, but I was having great closed eye visuals. When I closed my eyes, I kept seeing this form like melted glass, twisting and molding itself into different shapes at a rapid speed. It wasnít the secret of the universe as with many psychedelics, but it was enjoyable, and I interpreted it as BK-2C-B showing me its nature and power.

T+4:00
Iím feeling very social, but Iím not very talkative. I donít think this is a bad thing. Iím responsive to conversation and have my wits about me. Iím just not blabbering and finding depth in every word of every sentence (as can happen with MDMA). However, a small group at the apartment decides to go to the soda machine, and I jump at the opportunity to go back outside and look at everything.

Iím offered a cigarette on the way to the soda machine. I quit smoking 8 months ago, but I gladly enjoy the tobacco offered. I feel amazing, peaceful, and like Iíve temporarily become the best version of myself
, empathetic to all, and only observing and causing no obstruction to any beingís will. It was a very zen experience.

I ask my friend if heíd like to go to the gas station with me to get some gas, gummy candy, and food for my dog. He asks if Iím okay to drive. I never drive while tripping, I donít drink and drive because I donít drink, and I never let anyone smoke herb in my car. But the experience was so clear-headed and perception-enhancing that I knew I could handle the 1/2 mile drive.

We arrive at the gas station, and I fill up the tank. I walk into the gas station and buy some candy and dog food. I know Iím behaving perfectly normally, and I noticed that my pupils were normal earlier in the mirror, but I feel like Iím attracting strange looks from people in the gas station. But I really donít care. I walk back outside, looking up at the formerly stormy sky. It is a living, electric watercolor sky in pinks, light blues, dark purples, and a streak of yellow sun. The clouds become pixellated the more I stare at them. We drive back to my friendís apartment.

T+6:00
I spend a bit more time chatting with my friend and smoking reef. Every bowl that we smoke brings the experience on a little bit more. I want so badly to talk to my friend and have a meaningful conversation, as on 5-MAPB, but I am a puddle of ecstatic joy and serenity, and I canít bring words. However, my friend was, by this time, fully feeling the effects of the BK-2C-B, and I believe he understood why I stopped talking. But the bowl didnít stop getting loaded.

Finally words come, and we discuss upcoming business, plans, interests, and life in general.

T+8:00
I leave my friendís apartment. I know that this experience will last quite a bit longer, but the peak has finally hit its plateau, and has ever so slightly diminished.

I have to emphasize again that this compound feels almost puny at first. Donít redose. It takes a -long- time to come up. And even the peak is extremely gentle. Itís all there, in full, 100% psychedelic and intensely entactogenic, but itís not at all pushy, and there is no energy. All of these qualities pique my interest, personally, but to each his own. And I say ďmild,Ē but remember, I love MDMA, and I rate BK-2C-B quite a bit higher than MDMA.

T+9:00
I take my dog for a walk. The trees are just starting to lose their psychedelic sheen, although the body high is still quite strong, closed eye visuals are still somewhat present, and my mood is the best it has been since as long as I can remember. I bond with my dog and end up carrying him home. We cuddle, and I appreciate how much he means to me and how he forces me to be responsible. He depends on me the way I depend on him. Surely he knows this.

T+10:30
I decide to get some sleep. Iím not stimulated at all, and my mind isnít racing. The closed eye visuals are not enough to prevent the intense euphoria from giving way to deep, deep sleep.

T+16:30
I awake in the best mood Iíve ever felt. I donít have an altered visual perception, and I donít quite feel like Iím rolling, but I donít quite not feel that way. Itís not a bother, and I perform the functions of my day just as normal. By the time I get home from work some 9.5 hours later, I am sure that I donít even feel the afterglow anymore, but it was present and pervasive up until that point. This stuff has an incredible duration and afterglow.

All in all, I know I will be taking BK-2C-B again. And to reiterate, no, itís not very much like 2C-B. Itís kind of similar to MDMA, but itís much preferable to MDMA for me. There is more of a psychedelic edge to BK-2C-B than to MDMA, the nature of which makes me draw a slight comparison to mescaline. There was also an effect for both me and my friend of anti-depression. We both agreed that, the next day, we felt like our brains had been ďfixed.Ē Whether this was repair after two days of 5-MAPB or an actual property of BK-2C-B, Iím not sure. But this experience was life changing.

Exp Year: 2014ExpID: 103512
Published: Nov 9, 2016Views: 1,856
bk-2C-B (618) : Combinations (3), General (1), Various (28)