Ask Erowid

Ask a Question

Find an answer:

View By Category

Search Ask Erowid
Search Vaults

Enter a keyword in the search field above to look up a question or answer on a specific topic.

Off-Site Psychoactive Question Resources
  Ask Dr Shulgin

Resources at Erowid
  Plants & Drugs
  Freedom & Law
  Mind & Spirit
  Arts & Sciences
  Library / Bookstore
  What's New
  About Erowid
Is there a pill called "dalotta" (dilaudid)?
Q: Is there such a thing as a morphine pill called a "dalotta"? Or a pill with a slang name of "dalotta" on the street? If so, what do they look like and what is it in it?

A: If I had to guess I'd say you're talking about Dilaudid. Dilaudid is a name brand pharmaceutical which contains hydromorphone. Hydromorphone is a narcotic analgesic used in the treatment of pain. It is a derivative of morphine and is in Schedule II in the U.S. making it illegal to buy, sell, or possess without a prescription.

It is available in various forms including tablets, in cough syrup, and in liquid form for oral or injectable use. There are several types of tablets including a small round orange tablet labelled with "2/K" ("2" on one side, "K" on the other) containing 2 mg hydromorphone, a small round yellow tablet marked with "4/K" containing 4 mg hydromorphone, and a slighly larger triangular shaped white tablet marked with an "8" on one side and two small triangles on either side of a line on the other side.

What information we have available about it is in our Hydromorphone Vault

Asked By : VANESSA
Answered By : fire
Published Date : 10 / 27 / 2002
Last Edited Date : 10 / 27 / 2002
Question ID : 3009

Categories: [ Slang ]

Ask Erowid v1.7 - Jul, 2005

(content and html © the Vaults of Erowid. Please ask permission before publicly reproducing.)