Ask Erowid

Ask a Question

Find an answer:

View By Category

Search Ask Erowid
Search Vaults

Enter a keyword in the search field above to look up a question or answer on a specific topic.

Off-Site Psychoactive Question Resources
  Ask Dr Shulgin

Resources at Erowid
  Plants & Drugs
  Freedom & Law
  Mind & Spirit
  Arts & Sciences
  Library / Bookstore
  What's New
  About Erowid
Q: I grow gourmet mushrooms (not psilocybes) at home and I've found that the simple cultivation techniques used for psilocybes described on your site can work well for other species. I've purchased an ultrasonic humidifier to use for humidity, but I don't know how to connect the humidifier to my growing box. Any suggestions?

A: Each humidifier is different and has a different way one needs to configure the connection in order to get it to work properly. Most home humidifiers are designed to disperse mist into a room and
not into a tubing system and so its important to purchase a humidifier that will accomodate some type of pipe-connection.

One way to make the connections is to bring the part of the humidifier you need to connect with to Home Depot or other hardware store and try different pvc or fittings, if there's one that almost fits but is too small, duct-tape or other can be used to build up the connector so that it fits snugly and then the rest of the piping can be attached to that connector. If you're trying to use vinyl hose, then find the hose fitting you need to connect to and try to get one to fit.

With a little patience and creativity, you can connect almost anything
to anything :)

Asked By : Jim
Answered By : earth
Published Date : 4 / 24 / 2001
Last Edited Date : 4 / 24 / 2001
Question ID : 2722

Categories: [ Cultivation ] [ Mushrooms (Psilocybin) ]

Ask Erowid v1.7 - Jul, 2005

(content and html © the Vaults of Erowid. Please ask permission before publicly reproducing.)