Ayahuasca: alkaloids, plants & analogs
Section 5 :
Abbreviations and Definitions
- 3-AMI: 3-Aminomethylindole
- 3-MAMI: 3-Methylaminomethylindole
- 5-MeO-T: 5-Methoxytryptamine
- 5-MeO-MMT: 5-Methoxy-N-methyltryptamine
- 5-MeO-DMT: 5-Methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine
- C.P.I.: Commonwealth Plant Introduction Number
- D+M: D and M both indicate only generic alkaloid types (DMT and MMT could = D and 5-MeO-DMT or 5MeO-MMT could = M) and may or may not entirely represent DMT or 5-MeO-DMT. M may therefore just as easily represent 5-MeO-MMT as 5-MeO-DMT but this is less likely in the case of D+M.
- diMe: Dimethyl
- DMT: N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
- GR: Grown in a greenhouse.
- MeO: Methoxy
- na: Data was unavailable and indicated as such by our reference.
- nmol: nanomole or 1x10-9 Moles. A mole of DMT is 188.26 grams [more recently 188.272 grams] and a mole of 5-MeO-DMT is 218.17 grams. [Note: nmol is a weight. nM (nanomolar) is a concentration. nm (nanometer) is a unit of length (AKA mm)]
- P.I.: Plant Introduction Number
- TDT: Total dimethylated tryptamines. (No breakdown of alkaloids given.)
- THβC: 1,2,3,4-Tetrahydro-β-carboline.
- "Total alkaloid ident.": Those alkaloids identified and measured were added. Other bases may have been ignored.
- "Total base present": The total base content was estimated (often by titration with p-toluene sulfonic acid.)
- Trace: In these cases, usually meaning less than 0.004% by dry weight [i.e. less than 4 mg per 100 gm of dried material].
- Unknown: Unidentified compounds. In most, but not all, cases above, the "unknown" turned out to be a β-carboline.