My Mind Stays Pretty Much Clear
Amanita muscaria & Cannabis
by Animan
Citation:   Animan. "My Mind Stays Pretty Much Clear: An Experience with Amanita muscaria & Cannabis (exp96325)". Erowid.org. Aug 7, 2018. erowid.org/exp/96325

5 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (tea)
  T+ 1:30   smoked Cannabis
  T+ 2:30   smoked Cannabis

A Low Dose of A. Muscaria

In the morning of the day of the trip I decided I might as well attempt making some mushrooms into a tea. This supposedly reduces nausea and speeds up the onset of effects, so it seemed worth doing. I brought a small pot with a small amount of water to light boil and added 30g of lowest grade (New Mexico) chopped mushrooms, letting it simmer for about 25 minutes, then I strained it and put it into a water bottle. I was surprised as the mushrooms had dyed the water cloudy-red, and it smelled like a spicy aroma.

Set & Setting: Beautiful day in a small park with few people, tea consumed around noon, extremely calm and relaxed mindset. Iíve been preparing my mind for this experience for the past few days.

T+0:00 - 5g of the tea is consumed by me and another 5g by my friend. The tea tastes like cardboard-tomato juice, which isnít bad at all, I have no idea why everyone complains about the taste so much. Anyway we are aiming to test the waters, Iím aware this drug is not to be taken lightly and must be eased into. While some consider 5g a strong dose, I knew this batch would turn out to be on the much less potent side, and I was correct.

T+1:00 - Extreme salivation, its like I have a damn river flowing from my mouth. My vision is so blurry but doesnít bother me too much. Body continuously alternates between sweating hot and chills, not profuse sweating though, just a little. This is probably where the trip begins, I feel a little disoriented, yet in control. No noticeable psychoactive effects though.

T+1:30 - A small amount of marijuana is smoked by me and my friend, just to counteract the VERY minor nausea, salivation, and generally uncomfortable bodily feelings.

T+1:40 - I can feel it, oh what wonders the weed did. Intense colorful visuals, very delirious, slightly dissociated, a wonderful combination of all hallucinogens, yet very unlike the three classes individually. I finally understand why people say ďits psychedelic in its own rightĒ and ďits kind of psychedelicĒ. It seems to me that the hallucinations were very trippy and colorful, unlike and alike to a classical psychedelic, but these hallucinations are of a delirious nature, and then some dissociation on the side. Although this could be the weed chiming in and enhancing the visuals, it doesnít feel like the weed did anything more than make the mushrooms kick in. Great effects and as of this moment in time it has to be my favorite drug so far.

Me and my friend walk around the park, enjoying the scenery. Very minimal loss of motor coordination, if at all; but still tripping so hard. I feel like Iím on the border of self control and delirium/dissociation, so Iím worried about what a higher dose would do to my self control. Iím seeing some crazy shit, my friend has a thick glowing outline, the sky is so vibrant, and individual objects flicker as if they were light sources. Regardless of the delirium, my mind stays pretty much clear the whole time, as if the drug was only affecting my thought to a small degree. In other words I really wasnít having strange thoughts like I expected.

T+2:30 - Visuals retreat almost entirely, its upsetting considering how short the length of the trip was. Iím still slightly high from the pot and still have a tiny buzz going from the mushrooms. Eating is great and no vomiting occurs. We are joined by 2 more friends. More marijuana is smoked to see if it could bring the trip back out; this fails and the high from the bud overpowers the Amanita high. From now until the end Iím just really stoned and so me and my friends play dungeons and dragons with a ďLifeĒ board game and Yu-Gi-Oh cards, which turns out to be amazingly fun and entertaining.

T+5:00 - All remnants of an altered state of mind is diminished and Iím so tired, but somehow am able to stay awake.

It seems that not only does a higher dose last longer, but a small dose will last shorter, I donít think I have yet to hear of a drug whose duration depends on dosage. I must experiment with this drug more and get a better feel for it, I think it has greater potential. My only complaint is the annoyingly intense salivation, and I feel that it lacked a spiritual side to it (which Iím sure a higher dose will have), like with LSD, when I feel one with the universe and stuff like that. I am probably going to stay away from combinations though aside from weed, this drug is too powerful on its own.

Overall it was a fun drug and me and my friendís experience appears to be very different from all of the things Iíve read online.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 96325
Published: Aug 7, 2018Views: 227
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Combinations (3), Glowing Experiences (4), General (1), Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53)