Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
12 Hours of Insanity
2C-P & Cannabis
Citation:   spiralmind. "12 Hours of Insanity: An Experience with 2C-P & Cannabis (exp95751)". Erowid.org. Oct 28, 2012. erowid.org/exp/95751

T+ 0:00
  oral 2C-P (powder / crystals)
  T+ 4:00   smoked Cannabis  
  T+ 17:00   smoked Cannabis  
I had my first 2C-P experience several months ago. Two friends and I took about 10 mg of 2C-P orally. The trip had its ups and downs, and I don't think I'll ever take a synthetic psychedelic again.

SET: I was moderately experienced with psychedelics including mushrooms and DMT as well as smoking marijuana daily. I took the 2C-P with two other friends who are more experienced with drugs than I am. We were in a friend's house and had the place to ourselves all day.

SETTING: It was my 19th birthday and the first day of spring break, so I was feeling ready to try some new substances. I don't know if I'd consider myself mentally stable, but I began the trip with an open mind and a willingness to go wherever the drug took me.

Dose: We didn't actually scale out the dose. The guy who we got it from said that he had given us enough for two people to trip balls. We estimated the dosage by looking at a picture of 10 mg of the substance and parachuted it at around 2:00 pm. [Erowid Note: Two samples of powder (even of the same chemical) with equivalent volumes won't necessarily weigh the same. For this reason, eyeballing is an inaccurate and potentially dangerous method of measuring, particularly for substances that are active in very small amounts. See this article on The Importance of Measured Doses.] In retrospect, this was probably a bad idea. The third guy just poured some water into the baggie that we had stored the powder in and drank it. We didn't expect this to work, but he ended up tripping just as hard as the people who parachuted it.

After finishing the dose, we sat down and watched TV for a few hours. As time passed, I became aware of a really comfortable body high. The couch I was sitting on felt more and more comfortable. For the first 3 or 4 hours of the trip, I felt very relaxed and content to sit on the couch and watch Starsky and Hutch.

Around 6pm, we decided to smoke a bowl. After a few hits, I got a call from my family. I decided to go ahead and talk to them. My parents had called to wish me a happy birthday, so I talked to them for about 20 minutes. I felt like I was able to carry out conversation fairly well. However, towards the end of the conversation it became harder and harder to pay attention. A painting on the wall kept catching my eye. By the time I got off the phone, I realized that I was starting to really trip.

At this point, my friend who had taken slightly more than I did started to vomit. I wasn't with him for all of it, but apparently he vomited quite a bit. He had definitely taken a higher dosage than he should have. After about an hour of nausea, he was alright.

My memory of the next few hours is a bit foggy. My friends and I ended up lying on a bed, listening to the album () by Sigur Ros. I decided to put that album on because I had read a post on Erowid earlier about someone listening to that album while on 2C-P and I thought it suited the mood. We watched the iTunes visualizer and listened to Sigur Ros for at least two hours. None of us were able to form coherent sentences or carry on a conversation. My mind was somewhere far out in space. I kept thinking about the conversation I had with my family earlier. The music sounded amazing and carried our thoughts toward the stars.

By midnight, we got tired of listening to music. One of us lay on the bed while the other two lay on the floor. For a while, we were all lost in our own thoughts. When we felt more able to communicate the experience we were going through, we started talking. We talked about our lives and our families. We spent a lot of time discussing our plans for the future, especially our career plans. One theme that kept reoccurring in our discussion was the way to find happiness in this strange, fucked up world. Eventually, we concluded that life's a bitch, and then you die. Although the conversation had depth, it was not particularly positive. I was expecting to have crazy open eye visuals, but they never came.

By 3 or 4 AM, we realized that there was no chance any of us would go to sleep that night, so we just stayed up and talked. This whole time, we were lying on the floor of a dark room inside my friend's house. I started to have intense closed eye visuals, seeing geometric patterns and flashing colors, but the world looked fairly typical with my eyes open. The conversation continued, deep and serious, but not the joyous revelations that come with LSD or mushrooms. We talked about serious, dark issues. I became preoccupied with the concept of death. My body was tired and sluggish, but my mind was on edge.

Around 5 or 6 AM, one of us finally passed out. The visuals that I was having started to become more and more disturbing. My mind was in a very dark place. Some of the images I imagined were excessively disgusting, even 'satanic' looking. The trip was starting to really freak me out. It seemed to me like nihilism was the logical next step in my belief system.

At 7 AM, the sun rose again. We decided that we should go outside and get some fresh air. The two of us who were still awake walked outside into my friend's back yard. The sun seemed incredibly bright, especially because my eyes had adjusted to the dark. The sun was the most amazing thing that I had ever seen. As I looked at the sun, I realized that, although my thoughts had been generally cynical and negative earlier, everything was going to be alright. The fact that such a colossal source of energy exists in our solar system made me realize that there must be a reason for our existence. It's hard to explain in writing, but seeing the sun completely turned my trip around and made me reconsider everything I had thought of in the last six hours.

After my brain had finished processing this, I realized that I had been staring directly at the sun for a good 45 seconds and that this was probably not good for my eyes. It was then that we discovered my friend had a trampoline in his backyard. We enjoyed a few minutes of blissful idiocy jumping around on the trampoline in the morning sun, and then decided to go back inside and smoke another bowl.

Around then, it was 8 or 9 AM so we decided we should try to sleep again. Although the sunlight and weed had greatly improved my trip, I started seeing disturbing closed eye visuals whenever I tried to pass out. Although I felt like I was starting to come out of the trip, the closed eye visuals were still very strong and distracting. I lay down in a bed and tried to sleep, but the crazy things I saw whenever I closed my eyes prevented this. In addition, I started to become twitchy. Every minute or so, just when I felt like I was starting to get relaxed, a muscle in my neck or back would spasm and my head would twitch. It was very uncomfortable.

By this point, I was starting to feel sleep-deprived, twitchy, and just generally uncomfortable. I couldn't wait for the trip to end. After an hour or two of trying to sleep, I finally was able to pass out at around 10 AM for a few hours.

After getting a little sleep, we had all sobered up most of the way and were feeling better. It was around 4 PM, so we decided to go to Chili's because we had barely eaten anything for the duration of the trip, which was about 24 hours. Even at Chili's, when I looked at the abstract pattern on the table top, I could still feel the 2C-P in the back of my brain. After a good meal, we all felt much better and the trip was pretty much over.

Summary: The trip was very powerful and shook me to the core. It was also somewhat disturbing. I wish I had never thought of some of the things I thought of during that long, sleepless night. Although the trip had some very enjoyable moments, overall it was not a great experience. I don't think I'll ever take a synthetic psychedelic again, at least not this one anyway.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 95751
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 19
Published: Oct 28, 2012Views: 9,750
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
2C-P (305), Cannabis (1) : Music Discussion (22), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults