Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Combatting Depression
Sceletium tortuosum
by SPG
Citation:   SPG. "Combatting Depression: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp91917)". Erowid.org. Jan 8, 2017. erowid.org/exp/91917

100 mg sublingual Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)
    repeated smoked Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)

Kanna for Severe Depression

I'm a full blown alcoholic who's been in recovery for almost 6 months now. What I hadn't realized was how it masked my depression - or caused it. I've been on many different anti-depressants but they quit working very quickly and their side-affects are as bad - or worse - than the depression itself. Feeling aloof, not myself, lethargy, 'chemical brain,' the 'Zaps,' etc.

Ordered 3mg from an online retailer in the Pharmacy grade powder. It cost about $10 with shipping.

First experience:
Used a pinch of the powder sublingually similar to a small 'chew.' I repeated this throughout the afternoon about 3 times over the course of 3 hours. By late afternoon I felt a slight 'bounce' or lift in my spirit. It wasn't much and it was fleeting but absolutely worth trying to refine the experience.

Second experience:
I took about the same amount of Kanna Pharma powder as I did the first time but put it into a clean pipe.

It's a very quick smoke - about 3 drags is all I can get. I set the pipe down for about 20 minutes and finished dinner and repeated the load and smoke. Repeated a 3rd time.

Now I'm sitting on the couch chilling before bed feeling more relaxed with a sense of well being like I haven't in years.

It was wonderful it can be to just feel normal for a change. I'm enjoying music and reminiscing in my thoughts about how I felt before I was sick with alcohol addiction.

I've tried many natural methods to combat depression and anxiety including, Kratom, SJW, Passion Flower, others but this finally really works.

Kanna is 100% legal although hard to find offline.

The only thing I complemented with the Kanna dose was hot herbal mint tea.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 91917
Published: Jan 8, 2017Views: 1,738
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Depression (15), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), General (1), Alone (16)