Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
62 Hrs & 2 Very Different Experiences
2C-E, Cannabis & Sertraline
Citation:   thebox. "62 Hrs & 2 Very Different Experiences: An Experience with 2C-E, Cannabis & Sertraline (exp89695)". Oct 25, 2012.

T+ 0:00
100 mg oral Pharms - Sertraline (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:00 11 mg oral 2C-E  
  T+ 7:00     Alcohol  
  T+ 11:00 1 hit smoked Cannabis  
  T+ 32:00 200 mg oral Pharms - Sertraline (pill / tablet)
  T+ 36:00 11 mg oral 2C-E (liquid)
  T+ 38:00 11 mg oral 2C-E (capsule)
I recently acquired three 2c-e capsules from a friend. Each was between 10 and 13 mg; I don’t know the exact amount. I tripped two times in a weekend – I’ll explain why in a minute – but the majority of my report will focus on the second time, and the data you see at the top pertains to that experience.

I’m a 19 y/o female with no prior experience with psychedelics. I’ve smoked marijuana a handful of times – maybe 15 – and 2c-e is the only other drug I’ve experimented with. I take 100 mg of the SSRI sertraline (Zoloft) daily for depression. I’ve heard that SSRIs often diminish the effect of psychedelics, especially 2cs, and I’m inclined to agree, but I don’t think it’s quite that simple; I think that on some occasions, depending on the particulars (timing, etc.) they may not affect and may actually enhance trips.

The first time I dosed was enjoyable but unremarkable. I started to write up an Erowid entry the next day entitled “A Fun, But Not Too Intense, Trip”. The essentials:

- Saturday afternoon. Was with sober (slash drunk slash high) friends the whole time; I was the only one dosing.

- Took my daily sertraline at 2:00 PM. Took 2c-e capsule by mouth at about 4:00 PM. Felt a tiny bit nauseated but drank some water and it went away immediately.

- Didn’t feel anything at all until t+1:50. It was sort of like a clear-headed drunkenness; it was hard to focus on much at once, but everything was crisp and beautiful. I could zoom in on particular things and particular clusters of things. Color schemes stood out to me. Gross things (like dust and filth in the bathroom) looked pretty. When I closed my eyes, I could see cool moving psychedelic patterns.

- When I took a sip of water in a bathroom while a friend was showering, it tasted like the shampoo I smelled. I drank water in a neutral-smelling room to wash down the gross taste.

- At t+2:30, patterns on doors were “breathing”. Sensations were very pronounced. I felt spots of cold air and warm air hitting my body and marveled at how harmoniously they combined.

- Unpleasant sensations – e.g. The sting of dry skin on my hands – also stood out sometimes, but when they went away, I felt extraordinarily comfortable, on the edge of being aroused.

- From about t+4:00 to t+5:00 I “peaked”; I went out to eat with friends and everything was overwhelming (but in a good way); music was great; any somewhat complicated pattern could start moving if I wanted it to. Far-away objects appeared unnaturally tiny; food tasted richer; tactile sensations continued to be amazing.

- From t+5:00 to t+9:00 the tactile sensations continued but not a lot was going on visually, although sometimes things looked overly three-dimensional, like parts of floor patterns appeared to protrude. I went to a party and drank a little bit but wasn’t affected.

- At t+9:00 I took a bong hit and things became intense again. I spent the next two or so hours in my dorm caring for two of my friends, who had smoked too much. I felt like I was traveling between different worlds – mine and each of theirs – and leading each of them through their own highs. Time distortion was apparent and not much different from when high (this applies to the whole trip).

- At t+11:00 I went to my room and listened to music for a little while. Then, I got in bed and tried to sleep. I had really cool closed-eye visuals and auditory hallucinations: for half an hour, I imagined my friends conversing in English but nonsense sentences: the only two I remember are “Two, fourteen, sixteen, I can’t count… shit, I feel like cancer” and “molny is a quad” (OK, that one isn’t quite English). Before falling asleep at about t+12:00 (4:00 AM), I texted someone I didn’t know well, telling him we should hang out and saying a bunch of nonsense about time… hahaha.

All in all, it was a fun experience and a good introduction to 2c-e. I told people, though, that I wished it had been more intense.

As context for the second trip: The next morning, I woke up to news of a death in my family. I went to some meetings and a work shift, then smoked a little. A few hours later, sober, I found myself in an awful mood and realized that not only was I feeling crappy about the death (and guilty about not wanting to attend the funeral) but also that I had forgotten to take my sertraline. For some reason, I downed twice my dose of sertraline – 200 mg. I decided to clean my room and cut off six inches of my hair. I’m not sure if the original mood or the sertraline prompted this spontaneity.

At 2:20 AM, I debated making myself some ramen, but decided to take 2c-e instead. This time, I dissolved it in water instead of swallowing the pill.

I’ll bullet this trip, too, since I feel like it’s easier to read than blocks of text:

- At t+0:30 this time (!!!), I started feeling the effects of the drug: things appeared clearer. I tried to sit down and read Antigone for class the next day but found it hard to focus, mostly because I was excited. I took down a creepy drawing of mine that was hanging in my room, anticipating that it might scare me.

- By t+0:50, all of my senses were heightened and I was getting close-eyed visuals.

- I did some reading, gchatted with my friend (“everything is beautiful. Can I be on this all the time”), and enjoyed the sensations washing over me (although, as before, unpleasant sensations were pronounced, too). I felt almost weightless and even weighed myself in my suite’s bathroom to make sure I wasn’t. I felt overwhelmed by the pressure of the air all around me and forced myself to eat a granola bar.

- I started thinking of my trip as a battle between the drug and reality, and I wasn’t sure who I wanted to win. Everything was vaguely moving back and forth in a grinding motion.

- At t+2:00, I got my laundry out of the dryer and was ECSTATIC about how it felt to touch. I kept hugging my blanket and basking in the warmth. I was on top of the world. In a moment of bliss, I took my third capsule. I was afraid the trip wouldn’t last long enough.

- Time slowed down. “Why did I take the other pill?” I thought of how people had called the drug “2c-eternity”.

- At t+2:20, I lay down in my bed and looked at my ceiling, which came alive. The uneven surface and paint chips and scrapings became beautiful neon swirls moving gently. “No fucking way,” I said aloud. I stood on my bed and looked at my ceiling as closely as possible: my eyes were, like, a centimeter away from it. Holes in the ceiling started slowly dripping blue, green, and yellow liquid. I was transfixed. Texts to my friend: “OH MY F#CKING GOD / I am watching beautiful colors come from the ceiling pores / dont worry its great / I am watching the ceiling transform before my eyes less than 1 cm away / how is this possible / this will be a long night between me and my ceiling / I just told it, ‘but seriously.’”

- Over the next four or so, a lot of things happened, but the main theme was that I was battling my walls and ceiling, and I kind of wanted them to win. I kept challenging them (aloud), saying “Give me something bigger.” I would give them exasperated expressions, saying “I’m not impressed anymore.” I dared them to scare me. I guess I was daring my subconscious. But nothing scary ever came, which made me feel great. I figured I didn’t mean myself any harm.

- I showered and finished my reading. I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror; sometimes my face changed shape. At one point, I thought a lot about the recent death in my family and my self-centeredness (“what am I doing right now?”) and sobbed, then I felt better. My mom texted me about funeral plans. The friend who’d sold the drug to me called and I cried, afraid he was about to die, when he told me that he was in immense pain and waiting for the painkillers to kick in (it turned out he wasn’t facing anything dangerous).

- t+2:20 through t+6:00 was probably the peak of the trip, but it was far from over.

- At t+6:00, I went out to pick up a package at my school’s mailroom. Everyone I passed appeared grotesquely deformed; their uneven features stood out. I sat in a brightly colored room and tried to determine...Then, I went to the computer lab and tried to do some Computer Science homework but couldn’t focus.

- At t+6:33 I went to a class. I got there seven minutes early and watched the clock: the second hand moved impossibly fast. I made it through the class without saying anything except briefly telling my friend that I was tripping.

- t+7:33 to t+23:30 involved a lot of absorption in thought. I went about my day – took three short naps, went to another class, went to a work shift, ate – but I wasn’t really in the world except to the extent that I was very paranoid about appearing “out of it”. Slight visual disturbances continued until maybe t+20:00; I don’t quite remember.

- I won’t bore y’all by delineating the shit I thought about, but the biggest themes were selfishness/self-centeredness, the futility of trying to articulate anything about subjective (especially psychedelic) experiences or about the human experience at all, and various ways in which people cover up lack of content (in lots of different contexts: conversational, emotional, artistic, literary). For the last one or two hours, I only felt buzzed; it was sort of like being high. But it wasn’t until t+23:30 that I felt normal again, not only aware of reality but grounded in it.

Of course, this was a 23.5-hour trip so I didn’t include nearly everything, but I hope I gave you a good enough idea of my experience without boring you too much. The most important part, I think, is that there really is no one 2c-e experience; things are completely different every few minutes even within one trip, so I can’t even imagine how much they must differ between different people.

I definitely recommend being aware of how intense it can get. It was a VERY long trip – after 9 hours, I was like, 'OK, I could go back to reality now... Please...' so keep that in mind. Obviously, my timing wasn’t ideal, considering that I did it alone, on a Sunday night, and somewhat in response to a family crisis, but I don’t regret anything about it. I think that I overcame some fears during my trip; I’d elaborate but it's sort of silly/stupid. I also became a lot more comfortable with my uncle's death.

Thanks for reading! Sorry this was a mess.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 89695
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: 19
Published: Oct 25, 2012Views: 10,189
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
2C-E (137), Cannabis (1), Pharms - Sertraline (88) : First Times (2), Combinations (3), Multi-Day Experience (13), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults