Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
The Best Cure Ever
Kratom
by Chris
Citation:   Chris. "The Best Cure Ever: An Experience with Kratom (exp85372)". Erowid.org. Apr 25, 2018. erowid.org/exp/85372

9 Tbsp oral Kratom (daily)

Long Story Short

I was under immense stress in 2008 (own business and new child on the way) In a little over 6 months I became addicted to painkillers (vicodin and percoset) (6- 12 10MG per day) As the due date for our daughter was getting closer I knew I had to quit. Every time I tried to quit I just couldn't (It wasn't like I couldn't take the withdrawls because I could *they really were not that bad (I'd just suck it up and it would work out) but it was the mental thing that kept me coming back to the opiates. One day I found kratom and started using 3 table spoons 3 times a day. In a little over a month I had no craving for opiates and the opiate high just sucked compared to kratom. After about 6 months on kratom I quite with very few withdrawls (chills and insomnia for 3 nights) and then everything was normal and no cravings.

I got my life back and have not used any opiates for a year and only use kratom 2 or three times per month

This was the best thing out there for me.......

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 85372
Published: Apr 25, 2018Views: 1,009
Kratom (203) : General (1), Addiction & Habituation (10), Glowing Experiences (4), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)