Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Refreshing Smoke
St. John's Wort
by Oxalis
Citation:   Oxalis. "Refreshing Smoke: An Experience with St. John's Wort (exp83182)". Erowid.org. Jan 8, 2010. erowid.org/exp/83182

repeated smoked St. John's Wort (dried)

I found a large stand of St John's Wort growing over the summer. I picked several whole plants and allowed them to sun-dry on a hot sunny day. I collected the dried leaves and flowers. I use a good wildflower field guide to identify the plant.

I tried a small pinch in a pipe. The taste reminded me of a stale cig but did not have the harsh feel to it. Not flavorful at all, a subtle taste. It burns fast but that must be dependent on the humidity of the leaves. The feeling was subtle and brief but I was sure it felt like St John's Wort capsules that one can buy from a pharmacy.

I stepped up the dose to a full tobacco pipe bowl. Wow. It was an uplifting feeling. Very refreshing. Highly enjoyable. Goes well with sage mixed in. Joints are fun too but burn quickly. Next time, I will not dry it out to a crisp.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 83182
Published: Jan 8, 2010Views: 42,840
St. John's Wort (142) : General (1), Not Applicable (38)