Chemically Induced Lucid Dreaming
Quetiapine & Buprenorphine (Suboxone)
by IU Student
Citation:   IU Student. "Chemically Induced Lucid Dreaming: An Experience with Quetiapine & Buprenorphine (Suboxone) (exp81924)". Erowid.org. Apr 1, 2019. erowid.org/exp/81924

200 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:30 2 mg insufflated Pharms - Buprenorphine (ground / crushed)
  T+ 1:00   smoked Cannabis (plant material)

First, I orally take 200mg of crushed Seroquel time realease, which causes ďtoo muchĒ of the drug to be released immediately. 30 minutes later, when the calming, relaxing, sleepy effect has set in, I snorted 2mg of crushed suboxone. Another 30 minutes later, I smoke some bud (which I should mention is a daily thing, so the effect wasnít caused by it), then,

If I close my eyes and lay in a quiet, relaxing place, I will have the most vivid, absurd, crystal-clear lucid dreams, unlike anything Iíve ever experienced in my life. For 2 hours straight, I will see beautiful imagery: oceans, forests, mountains, fields, animals, cities, people, skies, whatever I want if I concentrate.

The shapes of light and dark on my eyelids slowly morph into new shapes, and as they do, my brain associates the shape with something, and gives it vivid detail, nothing like common hallucinations/visions/visuals Iíve experienced on LSD, psilocybin, DMT, or MDMA. Itís like my brain is recognizing insignificant shapes, and converting them into real, vivid images that I would never normally be able to just summon into my view, especially as the image rapidly changes to totally unpredictable scenes of all types, every 4 seconds. Unless, I really concentrate on something specific.

So Iím laying on a couch, in a bright room, staring at a basic, plain, white ceiling in a very basic rental property. Soon after closing my eyes, I thought I was staring at the ceiling again, but it was from a mansion with crazy amounts of patterns and woodwork. It was bazaar, when I realized that the true ceiling above me and what I was seeing were obviously inconsistent, and yet the two still represent the same awareness of the ceiling above me in my physical consciousness. I guess whatís so different about this experience for me is that everything is vivid, crystal-clear, detailed, not anything like any other hallucinogen Iíve taken in that nothing was moving, no streaks of colors, no trails, no patterns moving at all. Like a perfectly clear, dream-like state.

When up and talking to people, I was straight up silly and approached conversations with bazaar insights and perspectives. Bazaar, not inaccurate. A group of my friends were so entertained talking to me for a few hours. Also, I was really argumentative at times, and at other times, really relaxed and laid-back in almost a benzodiazepine-like state.

Iíve failed trying to achieve the effect again a few times, I think because either I screwed up the timing of the administration of the two drugs, one after another, or a different rate of absorption from either drug could have thrown it off. Iíve experienced it twice so far, exactly the same both times.

Loved it.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 81924
Published: Apr 1, 2019Views: 2,907
Pharms - Quetiapine (273), Pharms - Buprenorphine (265), Dreams (85) : General (1), Combinations (3), Glowing Experiences (4), Mystical Experiences (9), Small Group (2-9) (17)