Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Incredible Herb
Valerian
by Mark
Citation:   Mark. "Incredible Herb: An Experience with Valerian (exp8084)". Erowid.org. Aug 17, 2001. erowid.org/exp/8084

1060 mg oral Valerian (capsule)

Ive lately developed insomnia. And being the little herbalist that I am, I decided to try out Valerian due to good results that seem to be gained. So I went to the local drug store and bought 530 mg capsules. I consumed 2 the first night and I had the greatest sleep of my life. It was very deep and I was very refreshed in the morning. There were slight side effects such as continued drowsiness throughout the day but ive found that ginseng or Guarana clears it right up. I highly recommend this for people with anxiety problems or/and insomnia.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 8084
Published: Aug 17, 2001Views: 11,723
Valerian (48) : General (1), Alone (16)