Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Nothing But a Headache
Sceletium tortuosum
by Cielo
Citation:   Cielo. "Nothing But a Headache: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp80227)". Erowid.org. Jul 28, 2009. erowid.org/exp/80227

400 mg oral Sceletium tortuosum (flowers)

I had read a wide variety of reports about the effects of Kanna (which were reportedly positive for the most part) and decided to give it whirl. I was working in my kitchen at the time listing to some music and took about 1/3 to 1/2 gram of the dried flowers orally. I let them sit in my mouth for a few minutes until they disintegrated and proceeded to swallow. This was at about 11 am. Over the next hour my energy level started to tank and a strong headache soon followed. The music eventually became unbearable as it made the headache worse. I forgot that I had even taken the Kanna but around 4:30 pm, I remembered when I finally put two and two together and recalled that I had read somewhere that Kanna can cause headaches. No positive effects were noticed at all. Needless to say, I won't be taking Kanna ever again.

Exp Year: 2009ExpID: 80227
Published: Jul 28, 2009Views: 10,893
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Alone (16), Health Problems (27)