Help us reach 20 reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Relief From Opiate Withdrawal
Lactuca virosa & Cannabis
by skunk1
Citation:   skunk1. "Relief From Opiate Withdrawal: An Experience with Lactuca virosa & Cannabis (exp77175)". Erowid.org. Oct 30, 2016. erowid.org/exp/77175

smoked Lactuca - L. virosa
    smoked Cannabis

I am writing this report in hoping to help any people that are struggling with opiate addiction. I used to be addicted to heroin for 3 plus years, then methadone for another 2 years. I was fed up with being dependent on methadone every day to stay well, and decided to quit opiates for good. I was already familiar with wild lettuce's (lactuca virosa) effects and purchased a bunch for my withdrawal from methadone.

When I had smoked cannabis for relief from heroin withdrawal in the past, it would either help a good deal or make things worse. It would help me forget about my sickness in some cases or just make me think more about how shitty I felt. Note: This may have also had something to do with the strains I was smoking at the time.

So I decided to mix lettuce opium with cannabis and found that I was high from the weed, but completely relaxed almost in an opiate like way. The 2 seemed to complement each other very well. When I withdrew from my methadone, I was very sick like withdrawal from heroin. I rolled up very large blunts consisting of half wild lettuce and half cannabis. I would smoke these every chance I got during my sickness and it REALLY helped. Instead of laying there in torture, I was relaxed enough from the blunts that my situation was almost tolerable. I was still sick, but not near as sick as without smoking this blend. Sometimes I would smoke the lettuce by itself and it didnít work as effectively as when mixed with the cannabis.

I have also found that making tea with wild lettuce works great and tastes pretty good too. Iíve been clean from opiate addiction for almost a year now, and attribute a lot of my success to wild lettuce.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 77175
Published: Oct 30, 2016Views: 2,039
Lactuca - L. virosa (340), Cannabis (1) : Combinations (3), Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)