Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This fantastic reverberating giclee print is a gift for $500 donations supporting Erowid's mission. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the image wraps around the sides of the 1" thick piece. It's signed by artist Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
Unpleasant Reaction
LSD & Syrian Rue
by Bios
Citation:   Bios. "Unpleasant Reaction: An Experience with LSD & Syrian Rue (exp7472)". Erowid.org. May 25, 2002. erowid.org/exp/7472

10 g oral Syrian Rue (liquid)
  T+ 0:10 2 hits oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 0:45   smoked Cannabis

I made a crude extraction of Syrian Rue by boiling approximately 20 grams of the coarsely ground seeds in water and lemon juice. I kept the brew on a low boil for about 2 hours, drained off the orange liquid into a cup, and repeated the process with fresh water and lemon juice.

The next morning at 7:00 a.m. I slowly consumed a beverage made from sugar and about half the syrian rue extract. I thought the extract of 10 grams of seeds should be about the proper dose for MAO inhibition to synergize with the two doses of LSD I consumed 10 minutes later. I had packed a backpack full of enough gear to stay outside all day, so I foolishly got in the car to drive to a local park about 15 minutes away.

I arrived at my destination before the drugs started their effect, but as soon as I got out of the car and started to walk around, I realized I was extremely dizzy, light-headed, and sensitive to sunlight. I continued to walk into the woods, but my symptoms progressed to increased sweating and nausea. I proceeded to vomit the Syrian Rue extract and LSD onto the ground. I felt slightly better, so I decided to head back to the car. I slowly dragged my tired body to the car, stopping to catch my breath every few minutes. Just before arriving at my car, I had another vomiting session.

I foolishy decided to drive back to my apartment before I became even sicker. On the drive back, I had to take a few minute off-road break for another session of vomiting. When I arrived, I managed to become comfortable on my bed. I then slept, vomited, and smoked marajuana to reduce nausea for the next 8 hours.

I think the MAOIs of the Syrian Rue caused a hypertensive crisis and then induced sleep for a recovery period. I had avoided all foods and drugs unsafe with MAOIs. I do not know if the LSD had any effect since I vomited it up so early. I do know that it was foolish of me to consume an indeterminate dose of MAOIs. Be careful of overdosing on extractions of Syrian Rue.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 7472
Published: May 25, 2002Views: 17,029
LSD (2), Syrian Rue (45) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Health Problems (27), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)