Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Post Herpetic Neuralgia
Pregabalin (Lyrica)
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Post Herpetic Neuralgia: An Experience with Pregabalin (Lyrica) (exp70999)". Erowid.org. May 6, 2008. erowid.org/exp/70999

repeated oral Pharms - Pregabalin (pill / tablet)

I was diagnosed with herpes zoster (shingles) in November of last year, and after anti-virals and 2 bottles of percocet, I was doing ok, no pain at all. Around February of this year, I started to get pain in my arm, the same kind of pain I had earlier, but less sharp, more like a dull ache that would become worse with movement. I went back to my doctor and told him and he gave me Lyrica aka pregabalin, at 75 mgs 2x a day.

I am a regular pot smoker, it helps me sleep and also helps the pregabalin work better. This stuff is strong, it had me zombied out for days. That went fine for 2 months then the pain came back, it came to the point where the pills would do nothing more than aspirin. I called my doctor and he increased my dosage to 100mgs 3x a day. My pain is under control now, and I never got any bad side-effects from the medication, just good pain relief. I would not suggest it on its own from a recreational standpoint, maybe combined with weed or a few vicodin.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 70999
Published: May 6, 2008Views: 16,269
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)