Tumbling Seeds
Morning Glory & H.B. Woodrose
by Gabe
Citation:   Gabe. "Tumbling Seeds: An Experience with Morning Glory & H.B. Woodrose (exp70400)". Erowid.org. Jan 10, 2009. erowid.org/exp/70400

Morning Glory (seeds)
      H.B. Woodrose (seeds)

Hi folks, my experience with these two seeds has been wonderful and I have used them for a very long time. I have always heard that some M.G. seeds had an applied coating of insecticide and fertilizer that was slightly toxic. The same was said about the baby woodrose seeds, but I always bought my woodrose seeds still in the pods on stems with the petals. I bought these at craft stores where the artsy crowd bought them for flower arangements etc. I noticed that they would also give nausea and other unpleasant symptoms and heard through the grapevine that they had a natural coating on the seeds that kept seed eating critters away from them when they were alive.

I came up with a very simple way to remove whatever was on both seeds by simply running the for an hour or two in my rock tumbler. Baby woodrose seeds started out black but polished out to light tan. M.G. seeds showed a similar dramatic change of color and I found this process to totally remove the toxicity from the seeds. I think maybe the M.G. seeds also may have had a plant produced substance on them also but this is a neat trick. I sold the product for a good mark-up as a special variety of seed that were spared having the poison put on them.

Exp Year: 1981ExpID: 70400
Published: Jan 10, 2009Views: 12,961
Morning Glory (38), H.B. Woodrose (26) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Not Applicable (38)