Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Random Drug Screen Job Site
Cannabis
by Rack
Citation:   Rack. "Random Drug Screen Job Site: An Experience with Cannabis (exp66560)". Erowid.org. Feb 13, 2008. erowid.org/exp/66560

smoked Cannabis

After Holiday week-end upon returning to work I was immediately accosted by job foreman and told I was to take a random urine test. I wasn't worried at all about testing positive for cannibis, was on prescription for LorTab 7.5. The job-site test was barely positive for cannibis - I was in shock and expressed this, nurse said it was so close I should go to company Dr. and try it again. It had been at least three weeks, a minimal amount. I am 6' and about 162.

Second test showed barely positive but Company had 0 tolerance. Lost very good income, all benefits, still in shock. How could this have happened? It's been mo.'s. Working at lower paying job. Would there be any recourse? How should I have handled this situation?

I'm not an idiot and was not taking any chances on losing this job - it had to have been much longer than 3 wks. as I quit smoking when I found I had an opportunity, besides the fact it had been ages since I was a daily user - I mean a couple of years.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66560
Published: Feb 13, 2008Views: 18,647
Cannabis (1), Drug Testing (59) : Post Trip Problems (8), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Unknown Context (20)