Erowid Relies on Donations From Visitors Like You
Everything Has a Pulse
Brugmansia
by Andrian
Citation:   Andrian. "Everything Has a Pulse: An Experience with Brugmansia (exp66528)". Erowid.org. Jul 13, 2018. erowid.org/exp/66528

oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
  2 flowers oral Brugmansia (tea)

So after researching a bit on a harm reduction website, I decided to invite Lady Datura into my body for a visit. I, by no means, am just doing it for the hell of it. I was trying to learn whatever messages Datura had in mind to teach.

In the backyard of my apartment complex, a 5ft tall Brugmansia tree grows and leans towards the left in a perfect pose. For a day or two before I plucked her flower, I sat around and absorbed her energy, touching her. Sounds new agey, but it was my way to slowly introduce myself to her. That night, I had a glass or two of wine. I went outside and conjured her up w/ a little poem/spell. Then, I asked her to lend me 2 flowers. I gently cleaned it and made a tea. In boiling water for what seemed to be 20-30 minutes, I drained and poured the tea into a cup. I drank it slowly.

About 45 minutes into it, I felt her embrace, like the slow creep of hash brownies but strong. 'Instantaneously drunk' seems appropriate. She pulled me down to the underworld, making me aware of everything and their pulses. I struggled in walking around my apt. In the corners of my eyes, things are shifting, vibrating, pulsing. Most of the times, when I look at them directly, they'd stop. Sometimes, they ignore my focus and keep on morphing. I decided to lay down. I watched window frames blend into the wall, celing fans moving (though they were off). I remembered talking to my dog (whom I had to give away awhile ago), a friend (who was obviously some hundreds of miles away), and an old teacher (from high school). Though I was perfectly aware of these hallucinations, sometimes, I would slip and think I was merely the visitor in another realm where all things ARE in fact pulsing. The effect lingered the next day as well but not as intense.

Oh, COTTONMOUTH was the worst part!!!

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 66528
Published: Jul 13, 2018Views: 1,080
Brugmansia (84) : Alone (16), Personal Preparation (45), Hangover / Days After (46), Nature / Outdoors (23), First Times (2), General (1)