New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Donate $30 or more and get a piece of displayable blotter art.
These make great inexpensive gifts for the discerning friend.
Making Do With What You've Got
Cacti - Trichocereus spp.
by The Old Pilgrim
Citation:   The Old Pilgrim. "Making Do With What You've Got: An Experience with Cacti - Trichocereus spp. (exp63474)". Erowid.org. Aug 29, 2017. erowid.org/exp/63474

3 lbs oral Cacti - columnar (extract)

Intoxication isn't something I live for. I don't much care for cannabis and alcohol hurts my stomach so Iím not the average adventurer youíd expect to run in to here.

As a child of the 60ís I had the unique opportunity to experiment with a very large spectrum of mind-altering substances. The only one of which, after lo these many years, I still have a fondness for is mescaline. I can remember a time when one could buy peyote buttons for $.50 each. (CHA!)

These days, because peyote has become an endangered species and incredibly expensive, I have chosen to use Trichocereus cacti as a substitute. Although peyote is indeed a superior experience, Trichocereus can be close enough as to make the difference negligible.

Over the years I have accumulated a small grove of Trichocereus cacti. While not particularly large it is quite diverse in its inhabitants. Iíve found that consuming cactus once or twice a year is enough for this old coot so my small grove is sufficient.

Something else I have discovered is that through careful blending different members of the Trichocereus family an experience nearly identical to peyote can be had. Trichocereus is extremely variable in its potency and nature so I wouldnít expect to be able to duplicate the peyote experience with the stock available. That said...

1 part macrogonus
1 part bridgesii
1 part peruvianus (stuff and nonsense about this one being more powerful)
3 parts pachanoi

For me the total weight of these is usually around 3 lb. of fresh plant material. (Yes I know Iím a lightweight)

Extracted individually by way of my favorite method, then combined and boiled gently... Iíll say it again, gently for an hour.

Remember, the more research you do before hand the better your results will be. I strongly recommend becoming very familiar with the individual components prior to combining them.

Please do be carefulÖ
Safe tripÖ
The Old Pilgrim

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 63474
Published: Aug 29, 2017Views: 745
Cacti - T. bridgesii (448), Cacti - T. peruvianus (69), Cacti - columnar (10), Cacti - T. pachanoi (64) : Alone (16), Preparation / Recipes (30)