Help us get 10 more reviews! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Greatest Euphoria & Amnesia
Zopiclone (Imovane) & Cannabis
by Max Power
Citation:   Max Power. "Greatest Euphoria & Amnesia: An Experience with Zopiclone (Imovane) & Cannabis (exp61276)". Erowid.org. Jul 23, 2010. erowid.org/exp/61276

37.5 mg oral Pharms - Zopiclone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 2:30 0.5 joints/cigs smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I had been prescribed Imovane for my insomnia. The first few days of taking it, it was working very well. It didnít really help me sleep though mainly because it made me feel euphoric and a bit tipsy similar to the tipsy feeling I get from alcohol. But after a week it just flat out stopped working. I doubled the dose to 15mg and still it didnít work.

11:30PM: Wanting to get high I took 37.5mg of Imovane.

12AM: I started to feel the effects kick in. I felt euphoric and very happy. I had a big urge to just go out and do anything at all without a care in the world. I couldnít really think because all I could do was feel. Just feel happy and giddy. I cleaned my room and was pretty much chain smoking. I wrote in my journal in an attempt to record my experiences. (I will get to that later). I donít remember much of it but Iím sure I spent quite a bit of time just playing around with random knick knacks in my room.

1AM: I went outside to get some fresh air and connect with nature. I sat on the front steps of my house and had a really big sense of happiness and felt at peace. I was very tipsy and clumsy. I was delusional too. I tried writing in my book with a lighter and dropped my cigarette on my leg and didnít notice it burning my skin. I started to see flashes. It was like flashes of a camera. On any other drug or even if I was sober I would be worried by this or start getting paranoid. But the Imovane took away all my paranoia and anxiety that I didnít care about the flashes. I was curious about them and wanted to know where they weíre coming from. I didnít go looking for them because I convinced myself it was just the harmless paparazzi after me. I have no idea why I thought it was the paparazzi, I just did. After about an hour I stumbled back to my room knocking down a few things along the way.

2-3AM: I didnít stay in my room for more than a minute. I decided to go downstairs and smoke a joint with my sister. We went to our backyard and started smoking. I was feeling kind of tipsy but still really happy. Usually Iím nervous around people, even my family. But I was talkative and enthusiastic with my sister and had no anxiety at all. My sister didnít notice anything. Halfway through our joint I started hallucinating. Our backyard consists of this tiny little porch that could maybe fit 3 people on it with steps leading down from the sliding doors to our lawn. Itís maybe 3ft high. There are no fences separating the backyards of any of the houses down the entire street so you could basically see all the houses just like a front yard.

Now what I saw was a bunch of people. These people weíre crouched behind the steps maybe 4 or 5 houses down. They crawled forward to the stairs of the next house, getting closer and closer to the steps where me and my sister were standing. They got so close that they weíre up to the point where they weíre crawling from my neighboursí steps to mine when I realised that this wasnít real. I wasnít afraid, in fact I was pretty curious about what the hell these people were doing and wanted to talk to them. But I told myself that itís around 2 or 3 AM and it makes no sense to have a bunch of people crawling from house to house towards me. After my realisation, Iím guessing they disappeared. When we weíre done smoking I made it back upstairs to my bedroom in a very wobbly fashion and I donít remember anything else afterwards.

The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed 1 and a half days later. My mom walked in and asked me ďhow was school?Ē. I just looked at her confused and said ďgood?Ē. I looked around and saw garbage all around my room and the journal I was writing in. I tried reading it but none of it made sense. There weíre mentions of me wanting to lick the sky, hearing giggling coming out of my walls and drawers, people watching me, people trying to break into my window, some fox in a bathrobe, a lot of random hallucinations I had. I could barely read the handwriting. At one point it took me 3 pages to write 2 sentences.

Despite all the events that happened, I enjoyed the experience. I didnít feel any bad effects other than the fact that I was pretty much blacked out for a long time. The amnesia isnít good either.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 61276
Published: Jul 23, 2010Views: 39,070
Pharms - Zopiclone (272) : General (1), Alone (16)