It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
A Warm Opiate Feeling
Kratom
by Psych0naut
Citation:   Psych0naut. "A Warm Opiate Feeling: An Experience with Kratom (ID 60872)". Erowid.org. Feb 22, 2007. erowid.org/exp/60872

DOSE: T+ 0:00 3.0 g oral Kratom (plant material)
  T+ 0:30 3.0 g oral Kratom (plant material)

I haven't done Kratom before, and thought 3 grams would be a good dose to start with, so I mixed it through a cup of chocolate milk and heated it in the microwave.

T 21:25 I ingested the cup of chocolate milk containing the Kratom. I didn't notice the bitter taste many people describe, it just tastes like chocolate milk always dose, the only difference is there's grounded up herbs floating in it.

T 21:47 I read that 3 grams of premium is a rather small amount, so I decide to redose and take the other 3 grams. I mix it through chocolate milk again, and heat it in the microwave.

T 21:55 I ingest a second cup of chocolate milk, containing 3 grams of premium Kratom. Total amount of premium Kratom ingested is 6 grams.

T 22:25 I don't feel much, almost nothing at all.

T 22:45 I'm finally feeling some of the warm opiate feeling, also, I'm more social, and just had a short conversation and really enjoyed it. The warm feeling is slightly increasing, and I'm also feeling relaxed. It's time to listen to some Coldplay and Massive attack.

T 23:00 I'm defenitavely feeling some of the warm opiate feeling, and pretty relaxed, listening to some Coldplay. Time also appears to fly, 15 minutes seems like just a couple of minutes. I don't think the feeling is going to increase much, which is a bit of a bummer for the price I had to pay for the Kratom, but I'm certainly going to order some more, and try a bigger dose next time.

T 23:15 I still feel the same as 15 minutes ago, though the feeling seems to fade away when I walk around. When I sit or lay down, the feeling starts to increase again, but fades away when I move around again.

T 23:30 The feeling seems to have faded, I'm feeling very little at the moment, though my mind is still a bit clouded.

I barely feel the warm opiate feeling I had earlier ago, the feeling appears to come up en fade away again after a while.

T 00:06 I'm feeling some of the warm feeling again, I'm going to grab a blanket, rap it around myself, and get cosy. On second though, I didn't grab the blanket, I just stayed on my chair, and continued surfing Drugs-forum.

T 00:50 I'm still feeling relaxed, but the warm feeling is gone, I'm practically at baseline. This experience wasn't as good as I hoped for, but I'm definetafely going to do it again with a higher dose.

T 01:23 I thought it was over, but some weird feeling is coming back again, I'm feeling weird in my stomach, I'm going to get a glass of milk.

T 02:24 I'm still feeling a bit 'weird', though no other effects are noticed.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 60872