Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Drowning My Professor in a Vat of Acid
Wormwood
by Suicide Messiah
Citation:   Suicide Messiah. "Drowning My Professor in a Vat of Acid: An Experience with Wormwood (exp58005)". Erowid.org. Jan 5, 2008. erowid.org/exp/58005

5.0 g oral Wormwood (plant material)

Recently I was bored and rather depressed over my schoolwork so I decided to try some wormwood out for some entertainment. I went into an apothecary store and bought a bag of dried wormwood. I probably purchased about 30 grams, and it didn't cost over 5 bucks.

When I returned to my house, I decided to try it out before I went to bed. I got several grams and chewed on it like tobbacco until there was nothing but some fiber stuff left. It is definitely the most bitter tasting think I have ever eaten, but it went away with a glass of orange juice. After I ate my dosage, I waited for the effects to set in. About 30 minutes later I started feeling this strange calm sensation. I was relaxed, sort of like what I get after smoking some pot, but it was lighter and happier in a way. After a while I started wondering if any hallucinating would occur, but it didn't unless I closed my eyes. When I did this I could vividly see simple but satsifying light patterns. After a while the buzz faded away, and I went to bed because it was pretty late. I had a nice dream involving drowning my english professor in a vat of acid, but that may have been coincidental.

My experience with wormwood was pretty enjoyable, but next time I'll probably smoke it instead for a more powerful high. I definitely roeccomend it for empty pocketed people that want to feel relaxed without very many side effects. I also had the idea to mix it with catnip then smoke it.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 58005
Published: Jan 5, 2008Views: 16,018
Wormwood (50) : General (1), First Times (2), Alone (16)