Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
We're an educational non-profit working to provide a balanced, honest look at
psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms, improve benefits, & support
reasonable policies. This work is made possible by $10, $50, & $100 donations.
A Nightmare
H.B. Woodrose
Citation:   Brian. "A Nightmare: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose (exp55374)". Jun 16, 2009.

5 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (ground / crushed)
  1 tablet oral Dimenhydrinate (pill / tablet)
So I had read about the possible effects of taking Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, and I wanted to give it a try. I ordered a pack of the seeds from an internet supplier. The seeds were supposedly untreated, to help minimize poisonous nausea. 30 minutes before I ingested the seeds, I took 1 dramamine tablet in hopes that this would help any possible nausea. After that I crushed up 5 baby woodrose seeds and decided what better way to swallow them then with a little ice cream. My ingestion took place at around 9:30-10:00. I had eaten some dinner a couple hours before (mistake) so I was taking these seeds on a full stomach.

A little after 10 I started to get drowsy. I turned on the TV and layed on the couch. I began to drift off to sleep and my head began to buzz moderately. At around 10:30 I fell asleep. At 11 I got off the couch I went to my room. I was still very drowsy. Within the seconds before I fell asleep in my own bed I recalled taking the seeds, and came to the conclusion that the earlier head buzzing would be the extent of my trip. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

At approximately 12:00 I awoke. I felt like complete shit. My head was spinning, buzzing, and tingling. My hole body felt very tingly, almost a feeling of numbness. My arms and legs felt especially screwed up. I was experiencing hot flashes, and I felt like my body was out of control. Thinking was very hard. My mind was very cloudy. It was almost too much effort to try and analyze what the hell was happening to me. The hole feeling was extremely unpleasant. I tried to lie down in a comfortable position, but every time I moved it was as if I was shaking the snow globe, and my head would spin out of control. All while this was happening, my stomach was in extreme pain. I figured that it was my body trying to digest the seeds. The sensation that had taken over my arms and legs was very uncomfortable. Every time my legs would rub against any part of my body, the numb feeling would become to intense and I would return to my former position.

After what seemed like forever, I mustered up the strength to turn onto my other side and read the time on the clock. It was only 12:02. At this point I started to freak out. I felt like I couldn’t go on. The feeling was too unbearable. I just shut my eyes layed there. My stomach continued to squish and squirm. I felt like I was going to throw up. So I tried to subdue the feeling. Everything was getting worse and worse. And of course the ever famous cliché, I was pretty sure I was going to die. I just couldn’t take the pain and discomfort. So basically I continued to experience all of the above mentioned feelings, which were not subsiding in the least bit.

The reasonable part of my brain tried to focus and, I was able to get a slight handle on the situation. I told myself that it was ok. I wasn’t dying. Alot of people have had bad experiences and they didn’t die. I will come down. I remembered reading somewhere 'No matter how high or messed up you are, you WILL come down eventually.' So I just kept telling myself this, and kept my eyes closed praying that time would go by quick and I would start to feel better. My symptoms showed no signs of letting up. I also remembered reading that the baby woodrose experience should last 8 hours tops. I kept telling myself, worst case scenario: you just have to make it until 6:00 and everything will be ok. But time just moved in slow motion, as my body was dragged through this hell. I wanted so badly to just fall asleep and wake up and be better, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get to sleep.

Around 1:30 or 2:00 my stomach had had enough and I stumbled my way into the bathroom. I kneeled over the toilet, but I couldn’t throw up. My stomach wanted me to throw up but I couldn’t. So I just sat in the bathroom. I propped my back against the wall. My head was still spinning, and it was near impossible to think. At this point I hated myself for taking those damn seeds. I realized what an idiot I was taking them on a full stomach, because I knew it would make the experience last even longer. After 20 minutes I tried forcing myself to vomit. But all I did was heave nothing into the toilet. I was worried that I had waited too long, and now it was too late to throw anything up. I still felt like complete zonked out crap. 30 minutes later I finally managed to throw up a little dinner. I felt a little relief. This was comforting. I went back to bed still feeling pretty lousy.

I actually managed to fall asleep for about an hour. I awoke again at 3:00, my head still a mess, and my stomach even more so. I went to the bathroom again and tried to make myself throw up again. This time it did not work. I was upset, because I though this was the only way I was going to feel better, and now my stomach contents had already started digesting, and that it was too late. I was convinced I was never going to feel better. My body and mind still felt very numb and very uncomfortable. I was on the verge I calling an ambulance, I was so messed up.

I eventually passed out in my bathroom, slept for an hour, went back to my room, still feeling lousy. Now it was about 4 o clock (6 hours after ingestion time) and the sickness felt like it hadn’t slowed down at all. I stared at the clock until 5, and was convinced I was never going to feel better yaddad yadda yadda. Finally fell asleep, and woke up around 7 ish. Felt like I had come down alot, but still messed up. layed in bed, tried to go to the bathroom, fell asleep again. Woke up. My nauseau felt manageable. But after 11 hours my body still had the slight numb feeling. I tried to talk, and I could barely put a sentence together.

I layed down and watched tv for the rest of the day. Eating anything was out of the question. Around noon, I was feeling like complete crap, but I had finally come all the way down. I thankfully slept the hole night that night, and felt way way way better the next morning. I was very relieved. The previous night had to have been the worse night of my life. A complete nightmare.

In conlusion, I am never ever eating these seeds again. This helped me set a rule of thumb for myself as far drugs in general are concerned, which is: to not eat or drink any concoction, because it will stay in your body for a long time create hell in your stomach for even days to follow.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 55374
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Jun 16, 2009Views: 12,528
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Difficult Experiences (5), Bad Trips (6), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults