Have you tried Peyote, San Pedro, or pure Mescaline?
Take this 45 minute survey!
Very Naughty
Pharmahuasca (Moclebemide, B. caapi, & P. viridis)
by Solarcube
Citation:   Solarcube. "Very Naughty: An Experience with Pharmahuasca (Moclebemide, B. caapi, & P. viridis) (exp54934)". Erowid.org. May 3, 2007. erowid.org/exp/54934

200 mg oral Moclobemide (capsule)
  T+ 1:00 50 g oral Psychotria viridis (tea)
  T+ 1:00 50 g oral Banisteriopsis caapi (tea)

Before I had many experiences with western therapeutics so I reasoned that in my Ayahuasca experiences,I should use a reversible MAO inhibitor like moclobemide (Aurorix) to increase the efficiency of the brew.

SO that's what I did. On two separate occasions, I brewed P. viridis and B. caapi mixture (50 g each) and took this mixture an hour after taking two separate doses of 100 mg moclobemide.

On these occasions, while waiting for the moclobemide to kick in before the brew, I felt that my hands and mouth drying and my back starting to stiffen.(Being a pyschonaut for sometime I try to be aware of these changes as much as I can).

Nevermind, when I drank the brew I found that moclobemide really dimmed the visuals and most interestingly increased the emotional tone of the experience in mostly in a negative way. I felt much more queasy, insecure and withdrawn from my surroundings. Also I physically trembled more.

I had a similiar experience with a serotonin reuptake ACCELERATOR (tianeptine) before. At that time as well I was almost shivering down to my bones. It is very striking that moclobemide effects serotonergic systems massively. [Nevertheless, I should add that, tianeptine should not be combined with any MAOI containing drug or herb.]

My other experiences with the same batch of herbs at the same dose interval were quite mind-opening and valuable even without addition of moclobemide. So far I have found moclobemide a bad admixture to the brew that dimms valuable emotional colors.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 54934
Published: May 3, 2007Views: 9,326
Psychotria viridis (170), Banisteriopsis caapi (169), Moclobemide (75), Pharmahuasca (822) : Alone (16), Combinations (3)