More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
My Saving Grace
Buprenorphine (Suboxone)
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "My Saving Grace: An Experience with Buprenorphine (Suboxone) (exp50468)". Erowid.org. Aug 28, 2006. erowid.org/exp/50468

caps oral Pharms - Buprenorphine (daily)

I was a severe opiate user for about 2 years. My use included oxycodone, morphine, heroin, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, and every other opiate available. I was severe addict. My main drug of choice was heroin, either smoked or water-line snorted. I used everyday during this period of time. I recently decided to go to a bupe doctor and dry to cure myself of my disease.

My withdrawals were getting out of control (i.e. vomiting, insomnia, severe sweating and shivering, etc) It came to the point where I was contemplating suicide on a regular basis. All I can say about bupe is that it saved my life in many ways. This is by far the most important drug of my entire life. Unlike methadone, bupe will rarely produce any euphoric effects. However it completely kills any withdrawls and even cravings. When I'm on suboxone I have no craving for heroin whatsoever, I don't even think about it. The most important effect it had on me besides everything else was it's anti-depressant effects. It has completely eliminated my depression.

Bupe has saved my life in so many ways and I am thankful that I have health insurance to pay its incredible cost. A prescription will cost about 5 dollars a pill plus about 20 to fill it. This is expensive shit!

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 50468
Published: Aug 28, 2006Views: 14,840
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Health Benefits (32), Medical Use (47), Alone (16)