It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
Most Amazing Pill Ever
Zolpidem
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Most Amazing Pill Ever: An Experience with Zolpidem (ID 46409)". Erowid.org. Sep 21, 2006. erowid.org/exp/46409

DOSE: 3.0 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

I am an insomniac, and to add to my troubles, I stayed up partying till sunrise and slept all day. It was 4p.m. when I woke up and the next day I had to wake up for school at 6:30 in the morning. I usually try not to take sleeping aids, because it only makes my insomnia worse when I have to stop.

I had some free samples in my house, so I just decided to take one at 11:00, I laid in bed for about 20 minutes and I started thinking to myself, 'this will never work, I'm not tired at all.' Then like a switch I was out, the last thing I remember was thinking that last thought. I never even felt the sleepiness creeping up on me. When I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm, I felt like it was the weekend, I had never been so rested at 6:25 before in my life. I have heard that the psychoactive affects are very good when staying awake, but the sleeping affects are more than amazing.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 46409