Deep Sleep
H.B. Woodrose Seeds
by hangoverish
Citation:   hangoverish. "Deep Sleep: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose Seeds (exp4337)". Erowid.org. Dec 24, 2001. erowid.org/exp/4337

2 tablets oral Dimenhydrinate
  T+ 0:30 7 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose

A few weeks ago, I had ordered 200 hawaiian baby woodrose seeds from a seed company. They turned out to be old, though they still germinated.

I ate ten the first time, crushed in water. No effects. The next day I took 30. No effects. No nausea. No nothing. A week later I ate 75 in about ten minutes. Just chewed them up really well and swallowed, no other prep. Nothing again.

So I decided that I should get some from a different source. I ordered some from an individual in Hawaii who had just harvested them himself. Fresh, guaranteed.

So yesterday I woke up at 6:30 feeling very well rested, and took 2 dramamine. Then at 7:00, I ate 7 seeds. Just like before, I chewed them up, coating and all, and swallowed.

I felt a little sick in the stomach by 8:00. Took a shower... had to sit down, I felt pretty sick when I stood up.

Around 9:15 or so, I felt even more sick to my stomach. Though I never really felt like I had to vomit. I sat on the couch with a blanket around me. Fell asleep in seconds. I had very vivid dreams for the next 5 or 6 hours. I would wake up every hour or so, but felt so groggy that I didn't even move, and just fell back asleep sitting up. The phone rang a few times, but I had no desire to answer it. I didn't even attempt to get up.

I really didn't have any kind of 'trip' feeling at all.

I had to work at 3:45, so at 3:30 I got up, pissed, ate a sandwich, and went out to my car. I felt very dizzy, and had a bit of trouble judging distances. Luckily, it only takes me 2 minutes to drive to work. I would have walked, but it was December.

I felt like I had a severe hangover until about 7:30. Disoriented, dizzy, slightly blurry vision, a bit sick to my stomach.

I just scraped the fuzzy coating off of 10 seeds and crushed them. I'm going to put them in a glass of water before bed and drink it first thing in the morning with a caffeine pill... maybe that will offset the sleepiness I experienced.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 4337
Published: Dec 24, 2001Views: 13,239
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Retrospective / Summary (11), General (1), Alone (16)