New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $30 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Great for Easing RX Withdrawal
Kratom
by AnonymousPatient
Citation:   AnonymousPatient. "Great for Easing RX Withdrawal: An Experience with Kratom (exp38806)". Erowid.org. Dec 30, 2004. erowid.org/exp/38806

4.0 g oral Kratom (ground / crushed)

In a nutshell I had a serious injury which kept me in the hospital and on narcotics including Fentanyl, Morphine, Oxycodone, and Hydrocodone for a period of about 6 weeks. One exacerbating circumstance is that it required HIGH doses of opiates for any analgesic properties to be recognized. Needless to say withdrawal was a nightmare.

I found references to the use of Kratom as a way to ease withdrawal pains and discomfort. It doesn't just ease the problems, it totally wipes them out. At lower doses my energy level is increased to an extent, I feel great, a little opiation is present, and I had no trouble with nausea at low to moderate doses. High doses can turn my stomach a bit.

I'm a kava user as well, prepared the old fashioned way. Whole ground root only. If I want some recreation from it I wait for about 90 minutes after taking the Kratom [ 'Super' Kratom ], when the effects are at their fullest, and have a quick Kava. Nice mix of energetic bliss and contentments without inebriation.

For people struggling with Opiate withdrawal I would say this is a miracle, and I'm not easily impressed.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 38806
Published: Dec 30, 2004Views: 24,861
Kratom (203) : Not Applicable (38), Health Benefits (32), Retrospective / Summary (11)