Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Withdrawal Symptoms
Kratom
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "Withdrawal Symptoms: An Experience with Kratom (exp36275)". Erowid.org. Aug 29, 2004. erowid.org/exp/36275

4.0 g oral Kratom (daily)

I have been using kratom for almost a year now. I first ordered crude, crushed kratom leaves from an online vendor for experimental fun. I have ordered crushed kratom leaves ever since. As soon as I took my first dose(that was a hot water extraction)I knew kratom was my favorite drug. I used kratom one to three times a week for many months with no physical addiction. It's important to point out that I generally used very small doses, five to ten grams per week. The last several months of my life have been. . .disappointing, to put it mildly. I broke one of the first rules of recreational drug use and started using four to six times per week. I started forming very slight tolerance and my usage hiked to around 25 grams per week.

A week ago I forced my self to abstain from kratom for a week's time. Just the second full day of no kratom I became very irritable. I tried to keep myself busy to no avail. I remained irritable and very restless until the fourth full day. Due to my feelings of restlessness, I slept only several hours per night in the second through fourth nights. The fifth full day I noticed I could relax, and that night I slept like a baby. I can't explain the feeling of pure anxiety I experienced as my body went through (real!) withdrawals. I noticed achy muscles and mild depression as well.

Kratom is an awesome drug. I believe it's very safe if used occasionally. I hope to dissuade others from making the same mistake I did.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 36275
Published: Aug 29, 2004Views: 17,039
Kratom (203) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)