My Nose Burns
Tobacco
by Aaron
Citation:   Aaron. "My Nose Burns: An Experience with Tobacco (exp31283)". Erowid.org. Jul 12, 2006. erowid.org/exp/31283

insufflated Tobacco (ground / crushed)

Since I have a mild case of asthma, I'm a big fan of alternative tobacco products. I regularly use chewing tobacco, puff on pricey cigars, and fire up the argeli from time to time. So naturally, when I heard about 'snuff' I decided to investigate.

It took me four different specialty shops until I found one that carried any. They had about six different kinds, and I settled on one. The snuff comes in a small pill bottle shaped cardboard cylinder with an aluminum lid and is filled with a 'pepper-smelling' brown powder.

When I got home to research a little on the internet, I found there’s absolutely no information on anything really significant about snuff. I put a small amount on my finger and inhaled. Ouch. This stuff burns. Immediately once I snorted it I felt my eyes water and like I was going to sneeze and cough at the same time. Eventually, I got used to the burn, and it became somewhat 'enjoyable'. After 5 seconds, I had some small nicotine-buzz feelings, like I just smoked a cigarette. After 5 minutes, I felt like I smoked a few cigarettes, and after 30 min, I still had that feeling. The best part about the snuff buzz as opposed to chewing tobacco is that I get the positive effects of the nicotine with no negative effects (dizziness, nausea).

The things that I like about snuff are that its inexpensive (about $2.50 for 1.15 oz), it takes only a small amount to get effect, and its very efficient. I use snuff before class, during work, and other times that I need a little extra energy.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 31283
Published: Jul 12, 2006Views: 11,763
Tobacco (47) : Alone (16), General (1)