Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $150+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
No Words Descriptive Enough
Nutmeg, Cannabis & Alcohol
Citation:   The Bum. "No Words Descriptive Enough: An Experience with Nutmeg, Cannabis & Alcohol (exp30641)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/30641

T+ 0:00
28 g oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
  T+ 7:00 1 cig. smoked Cannabis (plant material)
  T+ 10:00 92 oz oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
INTRO To The INTRO: This is an 'explanation' of my experience with nutmeg. I had taken nutmeg one time previously, but only 11 or so grams, which wasn't bad, but not as crazy as this time. I've had much experience with Mushrooms (about 14x or so), as well as having experience with marijuana, absinthe, ecstacy, cocaine, hash, heroin, PCP, assorted pharms, DXM, Dramamine, the list goes on.

INTRO: I woke up one morning and decided to do some research on alternate ways to alter my mind. I was looking for something different. What I found was nutmeg. I read the whole FAQ and about 25 minutes later I was off to the store. It was sometime around noon when I got home with the 60g bottle of nutmeg. I wanted to be tripping by mid-afternoon so got started right away. I measured the nutmeg by placing it in a plastic cup and weighing it on my scale, making sure to put the cup on first then reseting the scale. I measured about 28g. I ingested it by 'drinking' the nutmeg from the cup in large mouthfuls, it was absolutely horrible, and washing it down with whole cups of water. Then I waited.

Only The Beginning: About 2 hours after I was finished, I started to feel a buzz, sort of like coming up on a marijuana high while at the same time coming down from being really drunk. This was at about 2:30pm. This continued for quite a while and seemed like it was progressing slowly as time went by. I layed down on a recliner and watched TV for a few hours. At around 5pm the sounds coming from the tv started to sound a bit fuzzy, but would suddenly get very clear and loud. My vision would sometimes appear fuzzy at the edges, but this too was only occasional. I suddenly thought of the fact that if the trip went as it should I would need a sitter. I called up one of my friends and he told me about a party was to happen later on at one of my other friends houses. He came to pick me up and we went there to 'pregame' it. We smoked a blunt and chilled until around 7, when people started showing up. I was starting to feel very happy and started to feel the anxiety I get when Iím starting to come up on shrooms.

The MADNESS: (8:00pm) It hit me like a tidal wave of psyocilbin. I was standing at a table, playing beer pong when my legs turned to jelly. My vision started tipping from side to side like I was in a room on a boat. I threw the ball at my friend opposite me and went to the couch to sit down. I heard people asking me questions but their voices seemed far away. Suddenly my vision started swirling. I could see nothing but a whirlpool of colors. This lasted for about 5 minutes, during which I heard nothing but a droning buzz. I was shaken out of it by someone hitting me in the head with a pillow. I completely flipped out and started screaming that I was tripping my balls off and to leave me alone.

My friend started to apologize but a loud airplane engine cut him off. I started to yell, telling him I couldn't hear what he was saying when suddenly the engine stopped and all I heard was myself yelling, and everybody staring. They must've realized and started laughing, which made me feel very happy at the time. It started to become very warm and I stood to remove my sweater. At first I felt wobbly but then I started to feel like from my chest up was very light, but from there down I felt very heavy. I started to walk around carefully. I saw all the types of patterns and metamorphisms I see when on shrooms, but other odd things I had never seen before. Certain objects seemed to be alive, like something was inside of them and was kicking and punching them outwards. It was much like dramamine. Pictures seemed to move their eyes to me and sometimes the mouths would move. This was happening in the time between around 8:30 and 10:00.

Around 10ish I started feeling sick. Things would dissappear and reappear in front of me. I reached for an unopened beer can as on previous trips, alcohol had lessened the trip drastically. It completely disappeared. When I finally got my hands on a real beer it did not lessen the trip at all. It just made me feel sicker. The room was spinning and I needed fresh air. I ran outside and into a field near my friends house. This was very stupid and dangerous and you should never leave a house alone while tripping. I laid down in the field and listened to the crickets with my eyes closed. The patterns were unbelievable. I heard a gunshot echo from what seemed like far away.

I opened my eyes and looked around. The field was very large and surrounded on 2 sides by trees and bushes. The other 2 sides are a street and the other a continuation of the field. In the shadows of the trees I saw movement. Their appeared to be black creatures moving about in the bushes although I couldn't see them clearly. Needless to say I ran as fast as possible back to the house. I felt very sick and was burning hot. I heard a jumbled mass confusion of noises and voices and was seeing visionary chaos. It was like looking through a stained glass window that was shaking violently. My mental process was completely destroyed, in fact I had practically no mental processes at all. My friends told me the next day that this was around 11:30. I only remember bits and pieces from here.

I remember laying on the couch with someone pouring water on my head, at least I though that was happening, other then that the few things I remember are being outside and vomiting violently. I remember tasting the nutmeg, which made more and more sick. I black out at this point. The last thing I remember is seeing a Burger King sign, about a block away from my house. Terribly dangerous, I walked the whole way home by myself. I do not remember walking into my house or anything after the sign.

Aftermath: I woke up around 1:30pm on a coffee table in my living room. There was broken glass on the floor next to me, which I still have never found out what it was. I remembered the last night perfectly, up until the sickness parts. I felt sick to my stomach and my mind would not, could not function properly. I took a shower and watched tv for a little while until I fell asleep again. The tv noises were very loud although I had the volume low. I woke up sometime that night still feeling very odd. My mind and equilibrium were fuzzy for the next three days. My appetite was much lower than normal for a whole week. I would recommend this stuff to people who have much experience with hallucinogens and want to try something crazier. Overall, intense maddening trips that harbour insanity are the kind I like. I will probably try this again although I might lower the dosage a little. Might not drink as much either.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 30641
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Jun 16, 2007Views: 25,332
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Nutmeg (41), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : General (1), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults