Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
What Space Aliens Toke
Leonotis leonurus
by Catfish Rivers
Citation:   Catfish Rivers. "What Space Aliens Toke: An Experience with Leonotis leonurus (exp2976)". Erowid.org. Oct 8, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2976

author logo
  bowls smoked Leonotis leonurus (flowers)
    bowls smoked Leonotis leonurus (plant material)

About two months ago I had come into an once of Leonotis Leonurus. The package consisted of about 5 of the flowering tops, the rest being the plant material. The flower tops were an alien looking plant, something I imagine would grow on Venus. They were light orange in color and had a spikey appearance. When smoked, I found about two bowls worth to produce a nice, clear minded high with a bit less lethargy than MJ, but not nearly as stoney. I enjoyed the buzz which would last 30 min. - 1 hour. The flowers soon went up in smoke so I moved on to the plant material. BLARGH. The smoke was very thick and yucky tasting. I imagine being trapped in a burning building would produce a similar feeling on the lungs. I couldn't even smoke enough to reach any sort of change. I have tried to mix the plant material with other smokables and it always seems to ruin whatever I was smoking, including MJ. Conclusion: the flowers are worthwhile to smoke. I would be interested in finding a 5x or even 10x extract of the flowers. The rest of the plant is for the birds.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2976
Published: Oct 8, 2000Views: 41,374
Leonotis leonurus (119) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)