More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contributed $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Confusing Puddles and the Fold
Zaleplon (Sonata)
by Dumbteen
Citation:   Dumbteen. "Confusing Puddles and the Fold: An Experience with Zaleplon (Sonata) (exp28826)". Erowid.org. Jun 7, 2006. erowid.org/exp/28826

smoked Cannabis (daily)
    oral Pharms - Paroxetine (daily)
  20 mg insufflated Pharms - Zaleplon (powder / crystals)

Well, I have been smoking weed for about 3 years daily. I also take an anti-depressant (paxil cr) about daily. I was at my psychiatrist a week or so ago for a routine check-up, and to get renewed prescriptions for my ADD medicine. She popped the normal question, 'Are you having any trouble sleeping?'

Well I said occasionally I have trouble getting to sleep, but Itís nothing serious. So she gives me a sample of Sonata. 2 10mg pills, and writes a prescription for a bottle of 30 10mgs. Now being the curious feller that I am, I crack the two pills and proceed to snort them. Itís really smooth, and almost pleasant to snort. The buzz hits me immediately. I really canít compare it to any other drugs I have done

It was kind of euphoric/dizzy/lightheaded. So I was thinking, man it will be nice to get this prescription filled. When I got the bottle, I was looking forward to trying it again, with more than 20 mgs. Unfortunately, I chose to do this while a parent was home (bad fucking idea) So I took 3, cracked them open and snorted them up. Damn...this is the shit.

Past here, I only remember bits and pieces of the next two hours. I know I snorted at least one more, but I do not remember it. When I came around there were 7 missing from the bottle. Anyways, I decided to go on a fucking walk with my parent (great idea) I was so fucked up, it was like I didnít even know I was fucked up. I even told my parent Iím seeing in two's' LOL. Everything was splitting into two, like when I go cross-eyed, except it was way sweeter and uncontrollable. I was seeing movement patterns in my vision (similar to shrooms), and I remember looking at a puddle that had paint in it, and just being fucking amazed by its beauty. The paint was swirling all around in patterns that may or may not have been there. My parent also said that I kept kicking a crack in the cement and saying 'Itís weird that it doesnít fold over.' I had no real trouble with walking or any kind of motor impairment, at least that I remember. I didnít know how gone I really was.

There was a puddle on my front door step that I stared at when we got home for at least 10 minutes. It was 3-d and moving all around, real crazy. The weird thing is, I wasnít the least bit tired the whole time, and two hours later I was completely sober, with zero side effects.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 28826
Published: Jun 7, 2006Views: 15,907
Pharms - Zaleplon (161) : Various (28), First Times (2)