Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Not a Smart Combo
Ziprasidone (Geodon) & Cannabis
by cephi
Citation:   cephi. "Not a Smart Combo: An Experience with Ziprasidone (Geodon) & Cannabis (exp22026)". Erowid.org. Aug 10, 2005. erowid.org/exp/22026

20 mg oral Pharms - Ziprasidone (daily)
  2 bowls smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I'm writing this the day after my experience because I believe anyone out there taking an anti-psychotic like Geodon should know of the risks he or she is taking when marijuana is involved. I've been taking Geodon for only 7 days now. It's an anti-psychotic prescribed to schizophrenics and what not to lower the amount of dopamine in the brain. 7 days.

And how cocky I was on that 6th day! I decided, at about 9:30 PM, to go ahead and smoke a couple bowls of the ol' plant just to see...wow. What a horrid mistake. At 9:45, things were smooth and I was stoned. My mood was decent and nothing was wrong. But at around 10:00, everything changed. I started to have trouble breathing. My mind was cloudy. My heart was racing. (At 10:18 I checked my pulse - 126 bpm...) I had enormous trouble trying to calm myself down. I was sure that I was going to die. I woke my mom up (I'm 18, still in the house), and explained the situation to her. At first she was angry (understandable), but then she got me to calm down a bit. I didn't come down until 12:40 AM. Interesting, eh? I fell asleep with the TV on and my chest still aching. Of course, I'm still going through weird aches and pains today, but hopefully they're nothing serious...Well, now I know what not to do with an EXTREMELY potent anti-psychotic. I'm lucky to be alive.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 22026
Published: Aug 10, 2005Views: 18,757
Cannabis (1), Pharms - Ziprasidone (353) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)