Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Close to Death
Diphenhydramine
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Close to Death: An Experience with Diphenhydramine (exp18727)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2007. erowid.org/exp/18727

600 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)

Well the night started up as I counted me out 600mg of diphenhydramine. Well, the night before I tripped hard off these pills and it was quite pleasing. But the night after I had a lot more so I decided to popped 24 more but the thing I did not know I had the medicine built up in my system which I would then overdose, bad. And to make it work I broke each pill on half and took it on an empty stomach. Then it hit me. My heart slowed down drastically and every minute I would have shooting pain that felt like electricity either going up my chest in my neck down my back or down my leg and my arms.

I noticed my pulse was low and I couldn’t even feel it so this is when I stumbled to the bath room and induced vomiting for I could at least get all the shit out that hadn’t been absorbed. After that, I drank 2 glasses of milk which would absorb most of the shit in my stomach. I wouldn’t go to sleep even though how fucking tired I knew that when people sleep the pulse slows down and if mine did that I knew I would die. I thought I would of died. I thought it was the end. I felt stupid as fuck afterwards also.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18727
Published: Jun 14, 2007Views: 7,225
Diphenhydramine (109) : Alone (16), Difficult Experiences (5)