Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This fantastic reverberating giclee print is a gift for $500 donations
to Erowid. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the image wraps
around the sides of the 1" thick piece. It's signed by artist
Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
Heart Pounding and Blackout
Cannabis
by Chris
Citation:   Chris. "Heart Pounding and Blackout: An Experience with Cannabis (exp16095)". Erowid.org. May 2, 2005. erowid.org/exp/16095

1 bowl smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I have been smoking pot for almost a year now. I am experienced and usually have an enjoyable time when I'm stoned.

My first bad experience with pot was on a friday night. I waited for my parents to go to bed and I snuck out to my porch and smoked about 1 bowl of medium quality weed from a bong. At first I felt very pleasent and very euphoric. But when I walked inside everything went into a downward spiral. My heart started to race. I put on the band 'Phish' on my cd player. The music just made me confused and made me panic even more. I got very disoriented and I couldn't sit still. I started to walk around my house aimlessly. I felt my heart rate probably every couple minutes. It was pounding so hard I could see my fucking chest go up and down. I thought I was going to die. From here on it only got worse. I don't realy remember much. I must have blacked out because I woke up laying down in my bathroom with my sister asking me what I was on. Then I kinda just came back into reality after she asked me that. The rest of the time I was stoned I just chilled and listened to some tunes. This all took place over about an hour and a half.

That was a wierd experience because I have never gotten that paranoid when I'm stoned. But now that I have started to smoke more it seems like I get paranoid more often instead of a nice euphoric feeling. What the hell is this all about?

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 16095
Published: May 2, 2005Views: 6,902
Cannabis (1) : Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)