More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Total Relaxation...When I Managed to Stay Awake
Valium & Alcohol (Beer/Wine)
by Noirceuil
Citation:   Noirceuil. "Total Relaxation...When I Managed to Stay Awake: An Experience with Valium & Alcohol (Beer/Wine) (exp15089)". Erowid.org. Nov 24, 2017. erowid.org/exp/15089

2 tablets oral Pharms - Diazepam (pill / tablet)
  1 glass oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
  2 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
  3.5 hits smoked Cannabis (plant material)

Having washed down the valium with the beer while my friend drove the vehicle that would spirit us away to the darkened field in which we would frolic, I began sipping the wine the moment I settled into the grass. The bowl was then passed around several times. I had been feeling the effects of the valium, which did nothing to my state of consciousness but merely relaxed my body. I felt as if I was melting, and that the air against my skin was like warm, orgasm-inducing liquid.
My gait and sitting ability was slightly impaired, and whether this was due to the alcohol (which I chugged rather quickly, on an empty stomach) or the pills. When the weed made its way around, I was suddenly filled with an indescribable burst of energy. I took off into the field, running, jumping, falling and having a great time. My every tumble resulted in a chorus of jubilant, child-like laughter. The wet grass against my face, the cool night air and the calm voices of my friends relaxed me (I can say, without contradiction, that I have never been more relaxed). These factors, combined, sent me fast to sleep.

I remember waking up on a train, in Brooklyn (the field in which our revelry commenced was in Long Island!), on the way to my house. I was told, the following day, that I passed out and, upon awakening, began pushing my friends in a playful manner, often repeating whatever they said, as if I be an annoying child (I was particularly enamored of the word 'Postmodernism'). When a particularly paranoid acquaintence informed us that she heard voices in the distnace, I apparently sobered up. When the danger was revealed to be a false alarm, I passed out again.

In hindsight, it was probably dangerous to combine two tablets of valium and alcohol, but it was one of the most peaceful experiences of my life.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 15089
Published: Nov 24, 2017Views: 3,863
Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199), Pharms - Diazepam (115) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)