I Took 30 Seeds and Nothing Happened!
H.B. Woodrose Seeds
by The Ladies Man
Citation:   The Ladies Man. "I Took 30 Seeds and Nothing Happened!: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose Seeds (exp137)". Erowid.org. Oct 4, 2000. erowid.org/exp/137

30 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (seeds)

[Erowid Note: There is quite a bit of confusion around Hawaiian Baby Woodrose vs Hawaiian Woodrose seeds. These are two different genus/species of plants, and it is HBWR which is most often consumed for its psychoactive effects. The following report is somewhat unclear about which type of seeds were consumed.]

I purchased these hawaiian woodrose seeds from a website and I am beginning to wonder if I was ripped off. The seeds had no white coating, but were a solid light brown color (does this have something to do with potency?). I heard that you'd never want to take any more than 10 seeds or you'll be sorry, so being the ballsy bastard that I am I ate 15. I chewed them down to nothing while swallowing the juices. I retreated to the comfortable confines of my bedroom, closed the door, got a pad and paper reading to record the experience, turned on the TV and put on a Wu-Tang CD and just waited for something to happen.

Hour 1 - Nothing.

Hour 2 - Not a damn thing. Not even any nausea.

Hour 3 - Gone through two Method Man CD's and a Redman CD and notta.

Hour 4 - Only thing I'm feeling so far is hunger. (I hadn't eaten since that mourning) I'm starting to get a little pissed.

Hour 5 - Not a god damn thing. I think those bastards at peruvian journey ripped me off. I'll send them a flamer they want soon forget... ( I was pissed, I really did write that down.)

Hour 7- Pissed and dissappointed so I smoked three blunts. Now I'm really hungry. I think I'll get some japanese food from teriaky express...

Hour 8 - Well this concludes a very dissappointing first experience. I suppose I'll try again later but I want more info. But for now the night is over for this bad boy...

Now I'm a pretty solid, muscular guy. I'm only 6'0' but I weigh 190lbs plus tax. When I asked around on the internet, people were telling me that off of 15 seeds I should have been temperarly insane and puking my guts out. I took the ingestion tips from this site and crushed up 20 seeds this time and soaked them in water over night. I drank the green liquid first thing in the mourning and even swallowed the seed mush just to be sure. I didn't record anything this time because I was a little doubtful that anything would happen. And as it turns out, my doubts were justified. Once again for 7 hours nothing, not even any nausea.

On my third try I ground up 30 seeds this time and instead of soaking them, I boiled them. I boiled them in 2 cups of water and one cup of lemon juice for 20 minutes, then I turned down the heat and let it simmer for an hour. The liquid was a dark green and the seed mush was practically non existant. I cooled it in the refrigerator for 2 hours and then drank the bitter fluid. Once again nothing. No nausea,no dizziness, nothing.

What gives? Someone else that posted here said that taking HBWS was like playing russian rullet, 3 out of 4 people will have a trip. So what gives? Am I just really unlucky? Or am I doing something wrong? I only got a few seeds left and I want to make this time count. Somebody help me out here!

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 137
Published: Oct 4, 2000Views: 25,447
H.B. Woodrose (26) : Alone (16), Preparation / Recipes (30), Retrospective / Summary (11)