Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Locked in the Bathroom
Datura
by John
Citation:   John. "Locked in the Bathroom: An Experience with Datura (exp13301)". Erowid.org. May 22, 2002. erowid.org/exp/13301

oral Datura (tea)

I first made the descision to try datura after a friend tried it and had a pretty positve experience (aside from eating $80 worth of pot because he insisted that it was a bag of peanuts!). The previously mentioned friend had some left from his last trip (about 1/4 of a cup) so that is what i used. The brew was made from eight yellow flowers and a large amount of leaf material which was boiled in about 2 liters of water for 2 hours. It was a Wednesday night when i drank my 1/4 of a cup mixed with coffee (milk and 2 sugars!), and i was still affected on friday night.

i didn't even notice the taste. By the time I had finished my coffee I had nice warm feeling in my stomach which soon began to spread through out my body. 10 mins later i needed to take a leak and tried to stand up but as soon as i was upright i fell back into my seat feeling bemused, I tried to stand again but this time i fell on the ground. I eventually made it to the toilet and back then i started getting the visual effects (the walls and floor melting and moving around greatly). Then my memory starts to get fuzzy; what i know from here on is what my friends told me. I then proceeded to have conversations with various objects e.g. 'Hey basin wheres the wallpaper at?' Eventually i lost all contact with reality and started talking to people who weren't there and walking into various things. After 2-3hrs of this my flatmates became sick of me and locked me in the bathroom. i then stayed there for a couple more hours and then climbed out the window sometime between 3 or 4 in the morning i dont remember anything until the next morning when i knocked on our door at 9:30am as if nothing had happened. That is where my memory kicks back in. I started to come down again at about 11am. The comedown was way gentler than i had expected and only had blurred vision and a slight headache for 2 days but now my eyes are perfect again. The whole experience was pretty fun but the trip you get is the most savage and intense you will ever experience nothing can prepare you for it so only do it if you have someone to babysit you or you have a room where it is almost impossible to hurt yourself, even a simple cheese grater can be dangerous (i almost grated my fingers cause i thought i had a block of cheese in my hand). The trap that gets most people on datura is that the hallucinations are so vivid you dont know they're hallucinations. I would trip on datura again but i won't be doing it for a couple of years.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 13301
Published: May 22, 2002Views: 8,789
Datura (15) : Preparation / Recipes (30), Difficult Experiences (5), Entities / Beings (37), General (1), Various (28)