Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Nothing Happened...
H.B. Woodrose
by zaneofcawdor
Citation:   zaneofcawdor. "Nothing Happened...: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose (exp11754)". Erowid.org. Nov 23, 2004. erowid.org/exp/11754

15 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose (tea)

I ordered a packet of 25g of Argyreia nervosa (baby hawaiian woodrose)(Convolvulaceae) for 10 from a website that speciallises in ethnobotical seeds, cacti and chemically novel plants etc. The seeds were an off white light yellow-brown colour approximately 3-5 mm in diameter (roughly). As the seeds did not appear to have a 'fuzzy coating' of any kind I presumed this had been removed by the supplier.

I crushed about 30 with a nut-cracker and broke them down as best I could (i don't have a grinder) and placed the seeds in a small jar of water. I allowed the seeds to soak for about a day and drank half the fluid (not the seed matter at the bottom - I heard this induced vommiting). There were no apparent effects at all.

I also tried eating the seeds - I ate about 5 (which incidentally I was able to chew with my teeth - I don't know if this is usual, I heard they should be rock hard). Again no effects. I don't know if I am doing something fundamentally wrong or if these are the wrong seeds. The ethnoboticist isn't a 'head shop', but comments on the seeds having 'Probably the most potent vegetative source of Lysergic amide alkaloids. Current strain in stock is a West Indian variety.' I think I'll try chewing down about 20 seeds and swallowing them - if that doesn't work I'll probably try planting them instead.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 11754
Published: Nov 23, 2004Views: 9,278
H.B. Woodrose (26) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), First Times (2), Unknown Context (20)